Author Thread
muggsy517

View Profile
What makes you happy?
Posted : 13 Aug, 2011 05:25 PM

Watching my teenagers cut up with each other.

Watching the sunrise and set.

Spending time with my horse.

Watching I LOVE LUCY!

muggsy517

View Profile
Think About This
Posted : 13 Aug, 2011 05:16 PM

Very well put!

muggsy517

View Profile
Growing anger and hate
Posted : 13 Aug, 2011 04:56 PM

When you cant take it anymore, God can. He is waiting on you to allow Him to give you the Peace you cant find right now.

I am also divorced and a mother of 2 daughters. I had to deal with a lot of emotions also, and long story short...I finally got sick and tired of myself and told God that I was done. It was His intervention that allows me to forgive and not hate.

Its your personal journey that you are traveling and no one can tell you how to obtain the peace you are looking for. You must develop your relationship with Christ and let His word guide you. Once you surrender yourself to Him and turn away from the things that are holding you back you will find a peace that surpasses all understand.

I wish you the best. Your 5 year old deserves it.

muggsy517

View Profile
So what's missing?
Posted : 21 Mar, 2010 02:32 PM

There is a man that I am friends with and have been for years. He has made it clear to me that he would like to be more. He is such a wonderful person, that would do anything in the world for me and will make a good husband to someone. I have been upfront with him and let him know that I am just not attracted to him that way.

He is not a bad looking guy, just not my "type". I have wished that I could be attracted to him, but it has never happened.

With any relationship, when you are not looking, it will happen.

Good Luck.

muggsy517

View Profile
child support woes and more
Posted : 5 Oct, 2009 11:43 PM

Hello all.I'm in the hospital writing this. Due to the stress and just being worn down, my body isn't fighting as good as it should. He is the reason for my woes:

My ex stopped paying CS in July and said that it was finally time I had to take the financial responsibility for the 2 girls. So, with that being said, what more could I do but step up and find the means to support us. I work a full time job on a horse farm, but it doesn't pay more than the utilities. I have since found 2 other part time jobs locally that I can do around my full time job. The hours are crazy. opening up anywhere from 3:30-4:30am and working until 7-7:45 and going to the farm until 5:00 M-Sat. On Fridays I work at another farm from 5-9pm.

The extra hours will almost pay my rent and thank God I qualified for food stamps to help actually have something to cook other than grilled cheese sandwiches.

Once they release me from here, I plan on going back to DSS and having them enforce it with him and take him to court. I know it will be reduced greatly from what he was paying, but anything right now will help cover something.

I just needed a place to turn for prayers/support on dealing with this issue and prayers for God to give me the wisdom on how to handle being out of work while in the hospital and missing the hours from 2 jobs.

Thanks

Jackie

muggsy517

View Profile
So, girls...
Posted : 23 Aug, 2009 06:19 PM

I'm sorry....We are not allowed to discuss that topic.....LOL...I'm kind of curious as to Why you ask this.

I think lots of people are insecure with their image and being forced to choose your body type just kind of puts you face to face with it. I personally could care less. Like me, Love me for who I am, not what you wish I was.

muggsy517

View Profile
"Your such a great guy, that's why I turned you down"
Posted : 23 Aug, 2009 06:11 PM

Maybe she just is not ready for what ever the "next" step is. Maybe she knows she is not ready for a relationship and does not want to hurt you.

muggsy517

View Profile
Meeting Someone??
Posted : 8 Aug, 2009 01:05 PM

My personal experience is I met a super guy online, moved to the phone calls next in about a months time. Then out of the blue, he was checking out airfares to come and visit. It troubled me more than anything because he knew from the start that I was looking for friends. He wanted the friendship to develop into something more and it very well could have been something great, but my reservations of moving into an online thing too fast scared me and we have never met. We do still email, but the tension is there between us now.

muggsy517

View Profile
Should A Guy Keep Sending Messages If There is No Response To An Initial One?
Posted : 3 Aug, 2009 06:54 PM

2 messages are fine...after that she is either not interested and doesn't want to hurt your pride/feelings or maybe she has just been so busy that she has not had the time to message back. You could always just keep viewing her profile and she will see that you are still "looking" and maybe you will get a reply.

Good luck!

muggsy517

View Profile
Pray for me
Posted : 3 Aug, 2009 06:45 PM

Consider yourself prayed for. I know you are baptist and searching for a church. I lived in G'boro years ago and St. Pius Catholic Church (I think it is on Elm street) used to help people in trouble. Go to the people in your church or reach out to a few churches. I have seen myself in situations similar to yours and found that when you humble yourself, good people do exist and God knows what your needs are and will not leave you.