Author Thread: Anyone else enjoy Bad Movies?
AnthonyEldridge

View Profile
History
Anyone else enjoy Bad Movies?
Posted : 27 May, 2011 07:22 PM

I love to laugh/riff on a good bad movie!

joesgeo

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 May, 2011 02:51 AM

Titanic 2?

:ROFL:

AnthonyEldridge

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jun, 2011 05:18 PM

No, I mean seriously bad movies. The kind that make you say, "Didn't anyone at any level of production ask if they shouldn't just stop for a moment?"

The most recent example that tested even my limits of What The- is a little gem known as "Turkish Star Wars."

I recommend looking on YouTube for this one to see what I mean. I don't want to get in the habit of posting links here.

You've heard of "Plan 9 From Outer Space," but you might not have heard of Tommy Wiseau's "The Room."

A good way to learn about how bad movies can get is by watching a little cult classic series called "Mystery Science Theater 3000." When you watch it, you either become a fan or hate it with a passion. Either way, you learn that much more about yourself in the process.

Start with Season 10 and work backwards.

There also websites that specialize in this like The Agony Booth and Foywonder. Some of the language on these two sites can be bad, so be warned. Other than that, enjoy!

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jun, 2011 08:39 PM

Samurai cop was a pretty awful movie, but it was kinda mouthy and had 2 pointless nude scenes. Youtube has most of the worst/best scenes. But I would say star trek insurrection was horrid. The effects were on par with the tv show, and nothing about the plot made sense at all

hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2011 01:38 PM

I am NOT promoting marjuwana (Pot)!!!!!!!!!!!!

That being said, Refer Madness is Hillarious!!!!

Laughed, and laughed, laughed, any anti-drug movie from the '30's '40's and '50's is funny because they were so very over the top.

and I am NOT promoting drugs.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jul, 2011 12:37 AM

I think I saw that one a long time ago, Deborah. Too funny. :laugh:

I sure miss seeing all of the old gang here and was glad to see you. Hope to see the others sometime, somewhere. Peace to you~Joey :glow: :waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jul, 2011 11:05 PM

Mystery Science Theater 3000 is a win on all levels! I love their stuff, and there are some classics in there:

Boggy Creek 2

Space Mutiny

Teenagers from Outer Space

Santa Claus and the Ice Cream Bunny

Cave Dwellers

This Island Earth

Eegah

Mitchell

Gunslinger

Time Chasers

etc.

But yeah, RiffTrax by the same guys (after the show was cancelled) has some great wins. They add a downloadable commentary to go along with the movies just like the old times:

Transformers

Twilight

Top Gun

Dark Knight

Independence Day

Star Wars (3 is the best)

etc.

Definitely look into RiffTrax if you're into "bad movies" meets "modern movies" meets "commentary"

sky9swim

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2014 06:51 PM

I love to watch old cheesy monster/horror movies. They always give me a good laugh :D :applause: