Author Thread: This topic is a no-brainer
Seraffa

View Profile
History
This topic is a no-brainer
Posted : 4 Jun, 2011 04:41 PM

This topic is easy. What I can say is that is it important to look for someone like this because there are plenty of talented, likeable people out there I would like to be with, but because they are opposed or simply turned off by the Christian faith, they start developing perverted sides to themselves -- as a result of sin. Most of them don't even believe in sin, actually, so when it comes time to start talking about one's deepest emotions, inevitably they will come up with some favoirte vice or perversion that they deem perfectly "normal" for them to like or indulge in, and be shocked that we can't accept it. We, in turn, will be shocked and hurt that someone could be so willful as to chalk up Christianity as a "bunch of nonsense in this day and age" or "something too hard to practise", and it is best to utterly stay away from these sick people so that God finally deals with them in His own way. Some of them will never face the truth until they are on their deathbeds - and that is very stubborn of them - so, who wants to wait around on an unbeliever to finally "change"?

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jun, 2011 08:46 AM

Are we not to be in the world but not of the world?

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2011 02:41 PM

yes, seraffa...the word held out twice to an unbeliever is all that we are required to do, trust me, someone else will come along and repeat the option for them again and again..and again..