Author Thread: The Fastest Growing God
Admin

The Fastest Growing God
Posted : 5 Jun, 2011 10:29 AM

I have noticed that this god has been increasing everywhere, even in young Christians today. I guess your wondering what god am I talking about, the god that I'm talking about that many worship is SCHOOL, yes I said it...SCHOOL.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not against going to school, not one bit, but when it becomes more important to you than God and His word then it becomes an idol and your serving a different god. Many people make school the center of their lives instead of the one who should be, which is God. It breaks my heart to see people more broken over a "C" then their own sin.People work their whole lives to earn a piece of paper, that proves to others how smart they are, when you should want to be considered wise by the creator of the world instead of by worldly standards,‎"Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?"- (1 Corinthians 1:20),even young Christians. I see many Christians who try to justify their idolatry by saying it is from God. People, God's will is never for you to serve any other God, "You shall have no other gods before me"- (Exodus 20:3).

People will make exscuses saying "Well God blessed me with this opportunity, so I should make the most of it." That's true, God did give you that opportunity, but to glorify Him, not replace Him. Like exchanging prayer and reading for afterschool activities and homework. Despite what others may tell you, it is possible to do God's will without going to school. First century Christians did it,has anything changed? Has God changed? "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever"- (Hebrews 13:8). For example, if God said to you that you will become the President of the United States within the next two years without school, would you take His word for it? "so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."- (Isaiah 55:11).

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other"-( Matthew 6:24a). I wrote this note because It upsets me to see people, especially my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, idolize this god that can benefit them nothing instead of the true one. If this note applies to you, I ask that you reorganize your priorities and if this is not you, I ask that you examine your life and your priorities more so that it would not be you.

View Profile
History
The Fastest Growing God
Posted : 6 Jun, 2011 04:17 PM

Wise words indeed. I was going to award you an A but I'm not sure how well that'd go down... :laugh:

View Profile
History
The Fastest Growing God
Posted : 7 Jun, 2011 10:58 AM

Thank you brother! :applause:

View Profile
History
The Fastest Growing God
Posted : 9 Jul, 2011 06:31 AM

lol Thanks bro! Just thought it was something that needed to be put on the table you know

View Profile
History
The Fastest Growing God
Posted : 9 Jul, 2011 06:31 AM

thanks bahira :)

View Profile
History
The Fastest Growing God
Posted : 13 Jul, 2011 10:57 AM

Hmmm, looking at any Christian's walk is dumb, like five senses wise, that is not anyone's job. Evaluating another's walk is for mature Christians, those who daily renew their mind according to the word of God, operate the manifestations daily in their lives.

So, if your not speaking in tongues, operating speaking in tongues and interpretation or prophecy in believers meetings or larger meetings....well you are a babe in Christ, drinking milk, not consuming the real meat of the bible.

algomaboy

View Profile
History
The Fastest Growing God
Posted : 17 Jul, 2011 08:35 AM

I went back to school because I enjoy history and want to better myself. my grades really are not that important to me as long as I pass.

I could make the honor roll if I wanted too. i am in my 40's and would like to get a job in historical preservation.

So, I disagree with you on this. I believe that we need an education as not to be deceieved by false prophets and such.

tracks of the black bear.........

View Profile
History
The Fastest Growing God
Posted : 19 Jul, 2011 06:23 AM

I would love to talk on this topic with each of you so if you all can inbox me to further elaborate on the subject i would really appreciate, thanks and God bless :)