Author Thread: The Body of Christ Identical to the World
Admin

The Body of Christ Identical to the World
Posted : 5 Jun, 2011 01:20 PM

"The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body�whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free�and we were all given the one Spirit to drink."- (1Corinthians 12-14). From this scripture we see what the body of Christ should be, but is that how the body is today? Are we a unit, doing everything in unity or is it every man for themselves? The body of Christ is looking more and more like the world everyday and the reason why I say this is because of what I have seen and been apart of myself, we Christians are not acting as the body of Christ suppose to. We are looking out more for ourselves then eachother when we were also called to be selfless. It seems that we act more like opponants then teammates which is sad.

"Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God� even as I try to please everybody in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved."- (1 Corinthians 32-33). This is a very big problem in the body. It also goes along with us looking out for ourselves rather than our fellow brothers and sisters. Ladies, if you know that what you wear is causing a man to lust after you, then it is your responsibility...yes I said yours!..your responsibility to make sure that doesn't happen, but then some of you may say "He shouldn't have been looking anyways", which is true, but is he not also human as well, which means he is weak, just as you are in certain areas and vise versa for the men, if you know that something you do causes your fellow sister to fall then you should do everything possible to stop that. We have to learn to be accountable for eachother people. One of the reasons why it's so hard for us to run this race is because we think we are the only person running on the track, that we are by ourselves when we're not but we have others who are right by our side and we need to help eachother to the finish line rather than watch eachother stumble and fall.

"For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others"- (Romans 12:3-5). Another thing I see alot in the Church is that we tend to look down on one another, thinking we are better than the other, whether spiritually or in a wordly way. This should not and can not be in the body of Christ. How can we say that we are better than the other when we were all enemies of God and was connected to Him by the same grace which was through that of Christ Jesus? We spend more time arguing with eachother than we do encouraging and loving. Jesus said by loving one another people will know that we are his disciples. Have we shown that? Do they know? I know sometimes we may not always get along, but that should not stop us from loving eachother, just like our disobedience didn't stop Christ from dying for us. Instead of putting your brother or sister down, we should be lifting them up, carrying their burdens along with ours and vise versa. Don't let the body of Christ be identical to the world

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jun, 2011 08:55 AM

yes,we're baptize to one body,co'z we're God's creation,.....but there are humans that abusive,thinking that when they are rich/old rich person,they are d'ffrent to a slave/free person,co'z they think they are the lower ones,.....and even when you explain it to them,some thinks it's funny,co'z of many churches,they don't know now who/what is true,specially,they think only of what they believe in,and force it to you,even you have your own opinion,no wonder they like debates,....well,discussions are d'ffrent,....and they are concius to themselves,and they only think/care of themselves,.....and,lust/love is a choice,it can't be same,that's why maybe father God put weighying in it,.....and,instead they help others,they'll do everything/anything to let them down,....and,another thing i see some in the church is they do something else,like seeing your crush/bf/gf,or finding cute/pretty/gwapo,they are not focus to God,or if they do,they make it praying chapel,they do'nt take the bread of christ,..........well,it's only my observance.........

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jun, 2011 10:56 AM

great post. Thank you :applause:

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2011 10:35 AM

Hmmm, great with some tweaks urged.

That the Body of Christ is becoming more like the world, no, not really, there are people coming to the Lord every day..that is what you and I are waiting for..that every individual who comes to the Lord will do so. Only God knows when that will happen, that is when the return of Christ happens....might happen while I am writing this...who knows..

To me, the biggest mis-understanding in the Body of Christ is that there is a Body of Christ, a reality, not mental assent. It is a spiritual reality, not to be found in the old testament, which includes Matthew to John.

We are to think of ourselves as the bible tells us yes, BUT the scripture referred to is not a offer you cheek to someone else thing...its sort of godly sarcasm, like don't have a chip on your shoulder, be what God made you in Christ..redeemed, sanctified, righteous, complete, to name a few. Those Christians who behave passively get under my skin a times. Acting humble, not behaving as though NO is many times better than consent is a real rip off.