Author Thread: MISSION OPPORTUNITIES: CAP NEEDS YOU!!!
Admin

MISSION OPPORTUNITIES: CAP NEEDS YOU!!!
Posted : 8 Jun, 2011 04:38 PM

I've just received this new information from CAP, I have been with them for about five or six years... PLEASE, if you are interested in Long or Shirt term missions work... CAP needs you! Please visit their web site and sign on with this wonderful missions ministry. God bless you.

Christian Appalachian Project (CAP)

CAP volunteers sort through debris in tornado-ravaged Arab, Alabama.

Disaster Relief responds in Alabama

Christian Appalachian Project is blessed to have the volunteer power to respond to natural disasters in Appalachian states. When we heard of the devastation in the South following an outbreak of tornadoes in late April, we knew that as Christians we had to move quickly into action. The damage was so widespread, and we received several requests for assistance, but ultimately we chose to respond in Marshall County, Alabama. Over the course of May 4-12, more than 100 CAP volunteers assessed damage, cleared debris and tarped damaged roofs to protect home s from further weather damage. Disaster Relief responders are CAP employees giving extra unpaid hours, long-term volunteers putting their other responsibilities on hold to respond and responders from all over the country who join us for disaster responses, including guests at a local center for the homeless.

Kate and other CAP volunteers witnessed devastating tornado destruction in Alabama. By Kate Stefanowicz

Due to the recent tornadoes in Alabama CAP�s Disaster Relief program responded to help the people of Marshall County, Alabama. I was down there for about a week and most other people were there for a week and a half. I have never seen the devastation of a tornado firsthand and it was unbelievable. The spots that the tornado hit were very random. One house could be destroyed while their neighbors were untouched. The most devastating area we went to was a neighborhood of about 7 homes that were completely destroyed and severely damaged. Many of t he families didn�t even know where to start. So a group of about 100 CAP volunteers helped to clean up trees and sort metal from wood and try to salvage any valuables or personal items still left. Many of the stories that we heard from the families were unbelievable, such as one gentleman said that his son-in-law and two grandbabies were in the house when the tornado hit and crawled out a hole about 3 feet wide. His house was completed destroyed and to see it and know that three people crawled out of there unharmed is certainly a miracle.

ATTENTION!

Lifeguard training is available to summer camp volunteers.

Special alert: Summer Camp volunteers needed

With the beginning of summer camp just days away, we are still in need of counselors, lifeguards and nurses to serve three weeks or longer (1-2 week commitments available to nurses) this summer. If you have been considering serving with us this summer, now is the time to apply. Please also spread the word to friends and family whom you think would be good camp volunteers.

Learn more about summer camp volunteering

Elderly Services volunteers provide companionship and needed transportation to homebound senior citizens.

Other urgent and upcoming opportunities

Immediate or upcoming long-term and short-term volunteer positions are available in several programs, including Family Advocacy, Elderly Services, Child and Family Development, Food Pantry, Disability Services and Housing.

Housing: Long-term volunteers needed to complete minor and major home repairs and new construction for families in need. Volunteers serve in teams under the direction of a skilled Housing employee. Long-term volunteers also frequently help to lead church and college groups. No previous experience necessary. Several positions available in the next five months.

Respite Services: Long-term volunteers needed to provide in-home respite care for adults and children with physical and/or mental disabilities. Volunteers provide companionship and personal care if necessary to participants while primary caregivers are away from the home to shop, run errands, etc. Must be 21 or older with a good driving record. Two positions available immediately.

Positions also available in our residential respite facilities. Adults with disabilities stay at the center Monday-Friday. Volunteers accompany participants on outings of the participants� choosing, which could be the bowling alley, Walmart, church or the local wildlife refuge. Volunteers also help in meal preparation and personal care if needed. Must be 18 or older. Two positions available immediately.

Short-term volunteers needed to help with a week-long camp for women with disabilities. Women�s camp is August 8-12.

Read more about our other urgent needs.

Learn More

Want to learn more about volunteering with Christian Appalachian Project? Check out our links below.

Quick links Community

Long-term volunteering Facebook

Summer Camp volunteering Twitter

Group volunteering YouTube

Disaster Relief volunteering Blog

Contact us

CAP

4192 North Wilderness Road | Mt Vernon, KY 40456 US

Phone: (606)256-0973 or 1-600-755-5322

Email: [email protected]

May the blessing of God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit to volunteer in service..

ella

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2011 04:39 PM

Sorry, CAP free number is 1-800-755-5322... void out the 600 mistake it should be 800

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2011 05:49 PM

Sorry, again I forgot to include CAP's website address.

Christian Appakachian Project (CAP) website

www.christianapp.org

Please visit their website and read more about their work and what they do... Thank you, and may God richly bless you in all things.

ella

paulmosesrajesh

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2011 03:27 AM

hi i am paul from india looking out for work as well as evangelism opportunities churches who can sponsore me.

kindly guide me maam.

paul

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jan, 2012 11:40 PM

Hi Paul:waving:

May God richly bless you. Thank you for your missions interest.

I am sorry, but I am unable to assist you in finding any missionary work here in Amercia in evangelism, at this time that will assist in heping you to come to America. There is so much work in evangelism to be done in India and American missionaries are going there to the differnet communities and areas of your country with the gospel of Jesus Christ. As well as there is also much work already being done here in America in evangelism of the gospe by radio, books, tapes, televison, street ministries, etc.

The missions work that is needed here in America in the physcial, most often American missionaries or those interested will take hold of these postions. Although, the agencies will provide housing and food and some small stipends for the personal care needs of the missionaries, agencies cannot afford to provde transportation for missionaries to come work, whether the missionaries are in the States or out of the country. You must be able to provide your own transportation to come to the mission work sites of the missions in America.

I will do my best to search out a missions postition for you in your area that will offer you the opportunity you desire to evangelize the people with the word of God, but you must also be willing to work with your hands in getting them dirty in hard physical work needed to meet the physical needs of the people.

May the blessings of God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ continue to be with you, and grant you the desires of your heart.

Blessings always,:hearts::glow:

ella

johnVKB

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jul, 2012 11:13 AM

Praise the Lord,

Bowing down before the throne of grace in humble adoration. First of all I would like to give thanks to almighty Lord savior Jesus Christ for his loving kindness and for specific calling.

My name is vijay kumar but Mom call victorjohn.i born and brought up in Christian family with much spiritual environment. while I was studying my dear father passed away and left us alone without any income resource. I left my study in such a critical situation and miserable condition and work hard with my elder brother and we struggled too. we are individual Christian family in whole community all rest of the people are Muslim and Hindu. Really we faced many kind of problems and circumstance in life. my dear Mom was a good believer and saved one who lead us in prayer everyday. the word of God came very real to us that God raises the poor from the dust and lift the beggar from the ash heap to set them among princes and make them inherit the throne of glory. we felt that God was with us in everywhere and provides our needs in a due time we praise the Lord for His phenomenal work in our life. the word of God says for the mountain shell depart and the hills be moved, but my kindness shell not depart from you nor shell my covenant of peace be removed says the Lord. we prayed faithfully and God answered and days changed and God opened a way for me through a pastor who helped me to study in Bible college where I experienced special anointing presence of the Lord within me and established the word of God in my life. I thanks the Lord almighty for saving my life in Christ.even I have fnished DTS in 2008.and there are so many miracle that Jesus has done in my life,without Jesus my life is aimless and nothing and I believe that his grace is suffient for me.

Definitely we have a story to tell the nations for which we have called and we are more than conquer .when heard I about your vision and saw your general introduction really it challenged me and encouraged me too.Frist I gave priority to prayer and asked the will of God .even since the Lord called me for his work I found prayer the one supreme act the Lord taught me by which to generate a mighty supernatural force that would provide for all my needs both spiritual and matrial.when the Lord called me to take very humble initiative to start a work .i felt that I was too insufficient and unqualified for such a ministry and call .i started shivering with fear before the Lord. there was no intelligence in me on which to depend no personal influence of any kind on anyone worth mentioning .which I was in that miserable condition the Lord in His infinite mercy and goodness handed over to me a precious tool that I could use at any time ,anywhere, for any purpose, for problem and for any crisis in my work and that tool was prayer. the Lord spoke to the psalmist I will instruct thee with mine eye (psa 32:8)my whole being was involved in the prayer which I started then and God became the central force in my life .God honors his servant for the sake of his own Name he never lets down his called out men who are fulfilling his commission faithfully. That day onward I took initiative with great faith and started to pray. I believe that we are the children of God and called by his own will to fulfill the great commission to extend the kingdom of God willingly and heartily I want to join with you.i want to invest my talent, energy and skills in mission field.i want grow more in spiritual edification,indeed I want to grow more just like you and want to fulfill the Gods great commission that he has granted us.please I need your spiritual guidence and prayer support to grow more ,so please do remember me in your prayers.

God bless you with heavenly blessing.

Here I am waiting your replying

Your brother in Christ victorjohnGod bless You

Thanks.

johnVKB

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2012 12:44 AM

Praise the Lord,

i am so glad to hear from you,hope you are doing great job in the kingdom of God,

Please confirm me last time i mailed you about my vision and about my life and i am praying to work with you as long term work so please you may remember me in your personal prayer,please confirm me as soon as possible.

In Christ

Victorjohn

johnVKB

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2012 12:44 AM

Praise the Lord,

i am so glad to hear from you,hope you are doing great job in the kingdom of God,

Please confirm me last time i mailed you about my vision and about my life and i am praying to work with you as long term work so please you may remember me in your personal prayer,please confirm me as soon as possible.

In Christ

Victorjohn :prayingf: