Author Thread: Successful marriages/relationships
Hopeful123

View Profile
History
Successful marriages/relationships
Posted : 5 Jan, 2009 01:21 PM

In a marriage, does a girl want to know that she is lovely and wanted all the time. I mean in dating and courtship there is so much of wonderful romantic gestures, but this tends to die out when kids , career demands come along. How does a guy show his girl that he still finds her lovely and gorgeous. Given that there are other people(kids) and work take away loads of his attention.

angela_lee101

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2009 06:40 AM

it really depends on the person...but for me its the little things...saying i love you, flowers, even a hug and kiss...also going to dinner just the two of you and having a nice night out

hope this helps

angie

Feed_the_Poor

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2009 08:09 PM

Hi,

I am sure we can all improve in this area.

Have you read the book "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman? I think it is worth reading. Although it is valuable to find which love languages mean the most to your partner and make sure to show her love in these ways, I also believe it is good to learn to "speak" love to your partner in all five languages. Learning to give and receive love in new ways keeps things fresh and fun.

Hopeful123

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2009 09:50 PM

I have read the book and many like it, and knew that my ex-wife's love language was "gifts". However due to financial duress as happens from time to time, eg. in the USA now, i could not buy her the lavish gifts she desired. So she upped and left me for another guy.

Hopeful123

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jan, 2009 04:18 PM

Thanks Angie! I guess that would be the secret, to be happy with God has provided for the moment and not reach out for something out of pride/envy/greed

God bless!

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jan, 2009 08:58 PM

In a marriage, does a girl want to know that she is lovely and wanted all the time. I mean in dating and courtship there is so much of wonderful romantic gestures, but this tends to die out when kids , career demands come along. How does a guy show his girl that he still finds her lovely and gorgeous. Given that there are other people(kids) and work take away loads of his attention.

How about the idea of helping your love out with the kids and letting her take a bubble bath once in awhile. I think a great back rub would do. A single rose next to a warm bubbly bath waiting for her would be an idea and dont forget her favoiite music that would not only tell her but showing her shes consider someone to you. so, what do you think feeling relaxed and gorgeous would tell her something wouldnt it? cook for her and keep all the distractions quiet that even a plus.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jan, 2009 09:11 PM

All of the hugs, and all of the kisses,

Won't replace, help with the dishes. LOL!

Words of wisdom for the married man. That, and it never hurts to have the florist on speed dial.

Love and peace,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2009 07:01 AM

The one thing I would covet having most in a marraige is the 'covering' provided by a Godly man. Even in dating, I've had one man that ends our phone conversations by 'praying' for myself and my girls. There's another who ends his emails the same way (actually hearing it is so much better ~ but both are great). Guess I'm sharing that as a 'tip' to you Christian men ~ we women 'need' and want that.

As for the 'gifts'. At least for me it truly is the thought that counts. Better a single beautiful rose, than a bunch that obviously was picked up on the 'marked for reduction' rack. A hand-written card with sentiments about your feelings towards her. YOU cook dinner ~ and make it her favorites, not yours ~ and by all means complete this with the clean-up.

Just a few ideas there ~ whether in dating or a marraige. Won't break your bank ~ and unless it's made of stone, they should warm her heart.

Hopeful123

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2009 04:23 PM

Thanks Rose!

I like the cook dinner idea, since I have learnt to cook quite well now that I have been on my own for a while. The single beautiful rose is a great idea too

Thank you !

God bless

Hopeful123

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2009 04:23 PM

Thanks Rose!

I like the cook dinner idea, since I have learnt to cook quite well now that I have been on my own for a while. The single beautiful rose is a great idea too

Thank you !

God bless

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jan, 2009 04:40 PM

Successful marriage relationships... knowing that she has had a hard day, draw a scented bath with candles and give her some moments alone and you take care of the kids, or hire a babysitter and join her....;offer a back massage and a hot cup of herbal tea, bring her a thinking of you gift even if it's a card that spoke to you or a poem you wrote, there are so many ways to show a woman you care...it's the simple things that come from the heart that counts...It will be well worth the time and effort...

Robin

Page : 1 2