Author Thread: I have entitled this sermon "T.V. destroying lives, one program at a time!" LOL
jehovajira5185

View Profile
History
I have entitled this sermon "T.V. destroying lives, one program at a time!" LOL
Posted : 5 Aug, 2011 03:07 AM

Media feeds us false ideas that it is okay to have sex before marriage, and that we all need to look like supermodels, and drink to be cool, and that drugs are okay, hurts me when I see our youth going after the ways of the world! I think its disgusting that they even teach sexual education in schools, that should be up to the parents!! But most parents do not care these days. The T.V. spends more time with the kids then the parents do.That is the true root of the problem today, parents not spending time with their children, not teaching them values and morals, and most importantly not teaching them about GOD!

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Aug, 2011 04:41 PM

AMEN!!!

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who feels that way about television. I barely ever watch television anymore...because the commercials and the shows have gotten to the point that it's sickening to watch TV. It's sad when the best thing that comes on TV anymore is the weather forecast! I don't know if I even want a television unit in my house for anything other than the weather forecast...or maybe to watch a dvd once in a while.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Nov, 2011 04:38 PM

I agree with OP. Today I was reading the paper online and there were two stories that I thought negatively about:

1. Justin Bieber, a singer, 17 is being accused of fathering a child with some woman. This is apparently a high profile guy that a lot of teens know about and may be obsessed with. I read that he has mentioned his faith quite often and I wonder if this is an attack of Satan on his credibility as a Christian and an entertainer.

2. Glee, television show. I have never seen it, but apparently is about high school kids. There is a homosexual teen in the show. The story was about him pursuing a relationship and getting physical with his partner/friend/lover. The story made it sound like this was progressive and that it would be tasteful. The show will also have another couple, I guess they could be straight, that would be loosing their virginity.

What is going on with the world? When did it become okay (I am disgusted!) with the programming that is put out by the networks. I don't watch television, because of this. Why can programs be more family friendly? It seems like just about everything needs parent supervision and possibly a talk after the show.

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 May, 2012 01:07 PM

I agree TV (and media in general) gives people an unrealistic picture of how we should lead our lives. Knowing this, I take programs I watch with a grain of salt and an escape into an alternate reality. I am hoping to pass on to my children what is acceptable and what is completely ungodly when it comes to media.

I wish more parents did that. I teach middle schoolers who think Jersey Shore behavior is normal and/or have no concept of why killing or stealing is wrong. I wish parents regulated what their kids watch and I wish there were better programs on TV depicting what God would want us to be not just shock value immorality.

JSD43

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jun, 2012 02:49 PM

Check out "Hollywood's War on God", you should be able to find it on YouTube. This was the final straw for me. I don't watch TV/movies anymore and I strongly urge everyone to cancel their cable and not support this industry ruled by 'the enemy'.

Vote with your dollar, if you think TV is wrong, don't support it! :)

Love you all!

J.

JSD43

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jun, 2012 09:05 PM

Here's the YouTube link to "Hollywood's War On God".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UikA3tWu2VA

Lot's of information!

KindHeartedWoman8

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jun, 2012 09:40 PM

JSD- Thanks for the info.

I agree with a few here. I rarely turn on the TV. Its so sad. I mean can't they put any good family shows on. All this C$%# is on with everyone having sex with each other and all the violence horrible. The news is upsetting and makes you go into depression.That I cant watch two days in a row.

I will watch the weather, cooking shows and that's about it these days. Its rough. I gave up my cable..I used to watch Th

e Duggars it was the only show that made me happy to see some nice families.

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jun, 2012 06:47 AM

Yup, the world is going to h - e - double hockey sticks in a handbasket!

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jun, 2012 06:47 AM

Yup, the world is going to h - e - double hockey sticks in a handbasket!