Author Thread: "Scale of the universe" site
Admin

"Scale of the universe" site
Posted : 10 Aug, 2011 08:46 AM

Just found this reading around. Really amazing. From the diameter of time/space itself out to the observable universe and even beyond, this neat little Java thingy plays just fine on my Win98 10+ year computer.

http://primaxstudio.com/stuff/scale_of_universe/

Will see a slider bar as though for a movie file, just click on and slowly drag left or right to see the various sizes of things. From quarks and other particles out to the biggest stars. VERY cool!

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Aug, 2011 11:42 AM

That is truly a divine graphic and just killer. I remember when they were putting that together at the HST Institute and JPL. The Hubble Ultra Deep Field is another one. Looking back in time for 13,800.000.000 (billion) years--Wow.

Sobering.

Great post,

Robert,

Robert A.M. Stephens, LLC

Scaled Dynamics

NASA Visual Exploration

Pan Global-USA

Mike_1986

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Dec, 2012 02:52 PM

Or 6000 years.....God be praised for his ultimate and limitless creative powers!

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2013 01:29 PM

I agree with Mike. The universe isn't nearly as old or as large as some people think. For scientific evidence, see "Stellar Distances and Olbers' Paradox", by Dr. Neville Thomas Jones. Also check out creation.com, creationscience.com, freehovind.com, and Dr. Carl Baugh's videos on You Tube.

Science is a tool that anyone can use to prove or disprove whatever they want. If the scientist is biased, then the experiments, the evidence, and the "facts" will be biased as well. The ancient Egyptians used science to get people to worship their fake-gods. The nazis used science to prove that what they did was "good". Atheists use science to prove that God isn't real, and Christians use science to prove He is real.