Author Thread: Christian / Secular music
Admin

Christian / Secular music
Posted : 12 Aug, 2011 06:14 PM

Hello everyone!

I've got a question that I'm sure someone has the answer to..

Lately I have felt the need to not completely rid myself of secular music, but start listening to more uplifting, Christian music. My tastes vary quite a bit. I like almost everything, but have been listening to a lot of oldies rock, reggae, indie, and sometimes metal. I've been on a huge 311, Sublime, Pepper, and Slightly Stupid kick. I realize these bands don't always have the best message.

Back to the question! Now that you know my musical preferences I'd like your input. Generally I find Christian music to be terrible. In fact, a lot of it is just annoying. I found a church that has a great worship leader and the entire church sings along. I LOVE that, but when it comes to finding good Christian music outside of my church I think it might be impossible.

Are there any bands you could recommend to me? Some songs I could listen to and worship while I drive/ work?

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jan, 2012 11:03 PM

All of this is rock/metal christian bands/music. My fav's: Red, Thousand Foot Krutch, Fades Away, Skillet, 12 stones, Disciple, We Came As Romans, Destroy the Runner, Pillar, Belle Epoque, (Oh, Sleeper), Dead Poetic, Dark From Day One, Worth Dying For, Nine Lashes, Icon For Hire, Flyleaf, Fireflight, The Letter Black, Secret and Whisper, This Fires Embrace, Stealing Eden, Sent By Ravens, and We As Human.

Other good bands (like rock, pop/hip hop): Falling Up, The Echoing Green, MuteMath, P.O.D., Newsboys, Silverline, Weeknight Remedy, Manafest, Manic Drive, High Flight Society, and FM Static.

Have lots of other AWESOME music!! *HMU if you wanna talk about more and what other types of music I listen to.*

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2012 01:05 PM

Shane and Shane - songs such as Embracing Accusation; Before the throne of God above and much more. These songs are very healthy and doctrinal, Christ centered. Chris Tomlin - the album LOVE. Hillsong - again, the songs are Christ centered although there are Christians that does not like this band but still the music is very good. However, the songs has to be listen with the heart if you want to find them good. But I don't know if it does fit into your style.

In relation to secular music and the message. It might not help at all and of course does might not address to your style. But still the message "preached" has to be taken into account.

For example - I have listen to a song by Rihana and Eminem posted by one of my friends on Facebook. I was shocked to hear what they were singing. Just to tell you - in this song there are not bad words. But in my opinion they do not realize nor christians that listen to them is actually hearing the "father of lies" through these kind of songs. The link is down and has the words so that can be very well seen. Let's be careful what music we listen to. God bless us, all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FT7MWDoW_rc

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2014 10:31 AM

and what about the christian songs that convert the sercular ones,they like just change the lyrics of those sorts!is it approved?

Page : 1 2