Author Thread: Big Brother IS Watching YOU
Admin

Big Brother IS Watching YOU
Posted : 13 Aug, 2011 09:21 AM

"Imagine a world in which your Internet service provider stores information that would make it trivial for every website you visit, every blog you read and each purchase you make online to be made available to the cops � just in case you commit a crime someday. This is no casual reference to the "Big Brother is Watching You" dystopian world of George Orwell's "1984;" it is the reality of H.R. 1981, a bill in Congress that orders Internet companies to build vast digital warehouses that record and store information that links your online activities to your name and address.

The data retention mandate of the bill is wrapped in the cloak of a politically tough-to-oppose framework: protecting kids from the worst online evils by enhancing law enforcement's investigative powers. The bill would require companies that offer electronic communications services for a fee, including Internet service providers (ISPs), hotels, coffee shops and others, to retain information that could be used to identify their customers when the government comes calling; whether for child protection or for any other investigative purpose."

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/minority-report-precrime-real-house-bill-online-life/story?id=14258575

"On some positions, Cowardice asks the question, "Is it safe?" Expediency asks the question, "Is it politic?" And Vanity comes along and asks the question, "Is it popular?" But Conscience asks the question "Is it right?" And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must do it because Conscience tells him it is right." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

"Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal." Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

United States of Autocracy? Aug 13, 2011 11:02 am

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

August 12, 2011 1:08 pm "Organizers planning to disrupt BART service on August 11, 2011 stated they would use mobile devices to coordinate their disruptive activities and communicate about the location and number of BART Police. A civil disturbance during commute times at busy downtown San Francisco stations could lead to platform overcrowding and unsafe conditions for BART customers, employees and demonstrators. BART temporarily interrupted service at select BART stations as one of many tactics to ensure the safety of everyone on the platform."

Source: www bart gov

By MATT RICHTEL

Published: January 28, 2011

"Autocratic governments often limit phone and Internet access in tense times. But the Internet has never faced anything like what happened in Egypt on Friday, when the government of a country with 80 million people and a modernizing economy cut off nearly all access to the network and shut down cellphone service."

Source: www nytimes com

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Sep, 2012 06:47 PM

The Illuminati control these things. I am a conspiracy theorist to some degree and I predict the reunification of North and South Korea, if not the opening up of the border at the very least. Hear me Illuminati scum! If you hunt me, I will go down swinging! With gladius, scutum and plum at hand, I will stand like a centurion defending the standard!

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Sep, 2012 06:48 PM

Dang it auto spell, I meant pilum, not plum.