Author Thread: does it make any sense
Admin

does it make any sense
Posted : 19 Aug, 2011 03:12 PM

No one has been able to explain to me why young men and women serve in the U.S. Military for 20 years, risking their lives protecting freedom, and only get 50% of their pay. While Politicians hold their political positions in the safe confines of the capital, protected by these same men and women, and receive full pay retirement after serving one term. It just does not make any sense.

teach_ib

View Profile
History
does it make any sense
Posted : 20 Aug, 2011 02:22 AM

The politicians are the ones who determine the pay and benefits...for both groups. If one could vote themselves a pay raise...they probably would.

Politicians, in general, see themselves as doing a good job...and voters reenforce that thought by contusion reelecting them.

Sad thing is many military members don't even vote...I was a voting officer on base one year...people who had served 15-20 years told me they had never voted!

View Profile
History
does it make any sense
Posted : 20 Aug, 2011 05:57 PM

You are Right, I met a Retired Marine in 2009 Online and we became friends. He told me he never Voted, when I asked him about voting. That is Sad.

My brother is a Vietnam war vet, my dad was a Navy vet, and I have two newphews that served in Iraq twice.

I think the veterans deserve more benefits than what the

US gives them and they should be ashamed not to give them

more for serving the Country.

IMO

View Profile
History
does it make any sense
Posted : 26 Aug, 2011 06:22 PM

Wow! Thanks so much for your posts. We who have served and are currently serving appreciate your thoughts and support. Sadly we are no longer a part of a government by the people and FOR the people. I am chomping at the bit to inform you all exactly how we are viewed, as soldiers and veterans as well as citizens by those whom we have elected, but I will not. Instead I will simply say thank you all. Oh and I also have never nor will I ever vote.....

View Profile
History
does it make any sense
Posted : 26 Aug, 2011 06:51 PM

I too, believe that the military veterans deserve so much more than they get. It's so sad. I have a son who will be retiring from the A.F. this year.

wonderinghow

View Profile
History
does it make any sense
Posted : 8 Jun, 2012 10:12 AM

Avoiding truth -

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation before investigation" - Edmund Spencer

Watch this video on youtube:

9-11 Beyond a Reasonable Doubt.

wonderinghow

View Profile
History
does it make any sense
Posted : 8 Jun, 2012 10:15 AM

Avoiding truth -

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation before investigation" - Edmund Spencer

Watch this video on youtube:

9-11 Beyond a Reasonable Doubt.

I served too.

View Profile
History
does it make any sense
Posted : 14 Jan, 2014 08:29 PM

I learned this as a young draftee back in the Vietnam era.....

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional as to how they perceive the veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation. "

George Washington