Author Thread: What does God want ?
crleader

View Profile
History
What does God want ?
Posted : 15 Jan, 2009 07:02 PM

Folks, have you ever stopped and Prayerfully considered what God wants for you as an individual ? Then have you Prayerfully considered what God wants for you as a partner in a relationship or in a relationship in general ?

Please feel free to post all or any thoughts on this.

God Bless

View Profile
History
What does God want ?
Posted : 17 Jan, 2009 11:55 AM

If you have a relationship with God you should know that he always wants the best for you. We are his children and he knows whats best for us. I always wondered when I was young I knew God loved me and I did accepted him in my life. But what does God want? From all the things that he has done for me I know that he wants me to give him my all wants and needs. He wants me to love others even when they dont love me back. To forgive others even when they do things because we are human beings making mistakes. We all can get angry as well when others hurt us and its better to forgive and forget because of what Jesus did on the cross out of his love.... he suffered for all of us. Serve God with all ur heart, body, and soul. At the end of your life you will say Praise God :purpleangel: Im with all the saints and everyone who went before me. Think about it its like waiting for people at the airport and you havent seen them in ages and ages.. :glow:

angelgirl80

View Profile
History
What does God want ?
Posted : 17 Jan, 2009 03:31 PM

I believe that what God wants for us as individuals is to live our lives for Him according to His plan as well as to seek and to trust His wisdom and guidance in everything that we do simply because He knows what's best for our lives and wants only the best. What God wants for us as far as our relationships with other people, romantic or otherwise, is to treat other people with respect, kindness, dignity and most of all love. I mean God expects us to love everybody regardless of who they are, what they have done or anything because we're supposed to show people the love that God has shown us, love that is unconditional and that shows forgiveness no matter what anyone else has said or done to hurt us personally because God has forgiven us many times out of the unconditional love that He has for us, so who are we not to forgive anyone and show them the unconditional love that He has shown us. We are all God's children, so we need to act like it in everything that we do. Thank you for your time and may God Bless you always, and always remember to put God first in everything that you do because without Him, none of this would be possible

View Profile
History
What does God want ?
Posted : 18 Jan, 2009 02:38 AM

God want that we live according to Thy will...... God has plan for us.

God will never give us what we WANT but God Give us what we NEED

crleader

View Profile
History
What does God want ?
Posted : 21 Jan, 2009 10:06 PM

For me its a matter of breaking it down... what are the Truths of Christian Dating "that may or may not lead into something long term and or committed." What are the venues I can be in, in order for situations to arise so that I can learn from them, What God wants in all of this.... then seeking God in order to learn how to treat a lady the way God wants me to treat her.... not as I was raised, or taught by my parents to treat her. But to Prayerfully consider all of this, seems to be a liftime of messed up jeans from being on my knees so much and Praying lol.

To me, what God wants in my relationship(s)... whether it be an item i.e. bf/gf, being exlusive, courting, fellowship or even marriage is that I am to learn how to treat the other as a child of God. Learning to accept the nurturing/loving role of the female as I am the leader, down to not crossing into sin in order to hold a relationship, rather keeping God first in everything. All of this is easier said than done, from my own experience... cuz this is where the rubber meets the road.

God Bless

ephesians522

View Profile
History
What does God want ?
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 10:50 PM

Brother crleader,

I will give my thoughts in two parts. First:

Folks, have you ever stopped and Prayerfully considered what God wants for you as an individual ?

I believe what God want the most from all of us is obedience. To follow the guidelines set forth in The Ten Commandments. What was the original sin? Man was not suppose to eat fruit from the Tree of Knowledge. But Man did eat and that is when He fell from grace.

Disobedience to God is great sin but there is one greater. Why did Man eat the fruit? Man was given the fruit by Woman. Woman was told not to eat of the fruit, not to even touch the tree. But she disobeyed and did so, and after gave the fruit to Man to eat. The greatest sin is to cause others to sin. Mark 9:42 Jesus states, "And if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around his neck." It is also written that causing another who belongs to the body of Christ to sin is an unforgivable sin.

So what God wants from us is obedience and not to cause another to sin.

Second:

Then have you Prayerfully considered what God wants for you as a partner in a relationship or in a relationship in general?

I believe that it is explained well in 1 Peter 2 and 3:

1 Peter 2:18Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. 19For it is commendable if a man bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of God. 20But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. 21To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

1 Peter 3: (And Notice) 1Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. 3Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 5For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands, 6like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.

7Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.

If you read through to New Testament there is much more about how much a woman should invest in a relationship (not to mention Proverbs 31). I believe it is because Woman was made out of Man and caused Man to sin.

View Profile
History
What does God want ?
Posted : 28 Jan, 2009 01:38 PM

Hi Crleader,

Just thought I would add a little to your comments, you speak some really nice things.

I think God wants us to have a relationship with our mate based no our relationship to/with/in Him. In all the scriptures you read throughout the gospels and the letters of Paul and other disciples. When speaking about our relationship with God through Jesus Christ, its the same math that makes God three in one... 1+1+1= 1.

Remember, God say, the two have become one in marriage, and even if the couple dating become sexually intimate, God still says, the two have become one. And Solomon says in Ecelesiastes chapter 4, that two are better than one, because they will have great rewards for working together... and if God is in the midst of a relationship, a threefold cord isn't quickly broken.

I, with/to/in the Father are one, same must be with a mate. How can two walk together unless they are ONE in agreement. So I think being in a relationhip with a person must be in one accord (equally yoked) you must be in oneness with God together otherwise it will not work.

God desires that we all be happy, and as Paul says in I Cornithins chapter 7, verse 7 speaking of himself, not of God... I would like for all men/women to be as I am myslef(single)... BUT, God has given every man/woman his/her proper gift, one of this manner and another of that manner. In otherwords, paul is saying that there are some people who are called to be, and can stand celibacy. Then there are those who are not given the gift of celibacy and have need to be married, both celibacy and being married are gifts and blessings of the Holy Spirit. And more than anything I do believe that God wants us to be obedient in our relationships with our mates , as in our relationship with Him.

If you're not faithful in our personal relationships with each other, You can bet, you're not faithful to God in your relationship to Him.. they key in a relationship is being faithful, since God is the One who ordained the union in togetherness.

Paul writes about this in I Timothy chapter 3, that if a man cannot take care of his own house, he can't take care of the things of God in His house. After all, marriage is symbolic to the church, and so are all relationships. And to be honest, you can't find anywhere in scripture where anyone dated each other, and I think because we today don't seek out the inner strengthes of a person when we find some one of interest. And we look too much on the outer side, this is why we get all messed up in our relationships. When the beauty fades and the handsomeness gropes over the years, and we say,"I've fallen out of love"... but love never fades or disappears, so I think God wants us to view our relationships according to how we view our relationship with Him...

Do we fall out of interest and love with Jesus? If so, then maybe we weren't that in love or interested in the first place even to endure the test of times, same with relationships I would think.

... just my 5 cents:winksmile:

View Profile
History
What does God want ?
Posted : 28 Jan, 2009 01:54 PM

...just one more point. Paul backs up what you have stated in Ephesians chapter 5, verses22- 33. submission To God in obedience in all things, so determine... If as you say, you must learn how to treat your mate as a child of God as your mate, and as being the head of your relationship in dating or marraige. And I think this is also where we go wrong in our relationships with each other, we are not submissive to God in ALL things therefore, its difficut to submit to a mate, and this submission is for both the male and female to each other, not just the women or wife, we're both to submit to each other. This is what God wants... first, submission to Him in our relationship to/with/in Him, and the rest falls into place with each other.

View Profile
History
What does God want ?
Posted : 28 Jan, 2009 02:01 PM

ET,

Thank you for that post. You are right about there being too much focus on the outward appearance.Godly character never grows old or loses it's appeal. There is such an awesome beauty in a man or woman who really loves the Lord, there is a glow about them. I see it in people at my church young and old, it draws you in like a magnet.

I hope that you stay on the forum, I enjoy your posts.

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
What does God want ?
Posted : 28 Jan, 2009 02:23 PM

I think, above all else, God wants us back where we were in the garden. Before sin entered the world. When we communed with God on a daily basis.

The Bible tells us that sin separates us from God, but why? Many of God's people committed sin, and God still loved and blessed them. Was it repentance? Maybe. But I think a lot of it is us.

In the garden, Adam and Eve hid from God when they knew they had done wrong. We still do the same thing today. We do something wrong, and we stop going to church, stop reading the Bible, even stop praying. So in effect, we separate ourselves from God. That is one of the reasons God didn't want us to know the difference between good and evil.

In short, He wants to commune with His greatest creation...mankind.

But our very nature keeps us from doing that while we are in sin, so we have to come to Him in the name of Christ, the one man that was sinless.

In His service,

Leon

View Profile
History
What does God want ?
Posted : 28 Jan, 2009 06:19 PM

Hi Lydia ( Jesus Freak),

Thank you for your welcome, and for your kind words. I look forward to staying around for awhile. Its really a pleasuring and refreshing reading your posts, Leon's, Ephesians Walter, and the others. Can't think of everyone, maybe I should have not named anyone so there wouldn't be any hard feelings... oh well, so be it. But its a joy to read good ole and old (lol) down to earth spiritual thought given by the Holy Spirit, and your own personal opions from all of you, in matters pretaining to the heart(relationships) and life-styles of Christians according to what the Word has to say...

I was on a Christian board for over 2 and a half years, and we had some very good debates, fights (lol) and discussions, but when I found myself and the others repeating our words and topics (lol)... I knew it was time a make a move... I also was on several other Christian sites, and I just got so tired of the posters showing off their Bible college education, and their hermeneutics and exegetics, and theological reasoning of scriptures based on what they learned in Bible college.

I have no problems with all of this or Biblical education or training, but No One hardly ever spoke what GOD or the HOLY SPIRIT said, which is so plain and simple. But they always had to go through so many changes, only to end up right back where we started, speaking what was written in God's Word. And the funny things is, with all their "edge-u-ma-cation" (LOL)... no one ever came into an agreement on anything or on any particular scriptural interpretation, or how to apply the scriptures for everyday living as according to what the Word spoke... LOL.

So I have enjoyed reading what you guys post and your spiritual insights and use of plain ole simple Holy Ghost wisdom in God's word... I hope to be here as long as no one tries to use Bible college their edge-u-ma-cation on me...:winksmile:

Page : 1 2