Author Thread: Larry Norman fans?
Admin

Larry Norman fans?
Posted : 14 Sep, 2011 03:40 PM

He has to be the original Christian rocker. Are there any Larry Norman fans here?

caithlynbriana

View Profile
History
Larry Norman fans?
Posted : 24 Sep, 2011 09:47 AM

MeeeeeeHHHH:applause:

Just love his heart for the Lord, and even in the hour of his death you could still see him encouraging people to come to Jesus! He is just a Jesus freak!!!!!

He is definitely enjoying singing for the Lord face to face, at the moment.... for eternity...

Love his song, Man from Galilee and Sweet Song of salvation!!!!:bouncy:

sounddoctorin

View Profile
History
Larry Norman fans?
Posted : 10 Oct, 2011 01:50 AM

I do a lot of Larry Covers and was able to interact a bit with Larry before his passing a few years back. I did a cover of 'I am a servant' the night he died..it's on my sounddoctorin youtube channel.

Larry was an amazing artist. Unique lyrical style and a great distinct voice. A lot of people would attack him in the early days of the internet newsgroups (rec.music.christian, which I was involved in before it was a newsgroup even...started by a guy named..Caleb Cohen I think it was)

Anyway I found my self standing up for Larry against the speculation/gossip attacks. And actually wound up helping Larry interface with some of those people and in the end a lot of them reconciled who had been at odds with Larry for decades. Praise God.

My favorites are probably "The Outlaw", "I am a servant", and a lot of his more out there ones like "nightmare number 79 " or whatever it was..hehe... and "She's a dancer" and "Reader's Digest".