Author Thread: Why do "SOME" men ask us out, when we are "NO MATCH!"
Admin

Why do "SOME" men ask us out, when we are "NO MATCH!"
Posted : 9 Oct, 2007 10:28 AM

Most of the men that ask me out are shorter then me. I work-out 3 days a week because I am into healthy living. The opporsite will ask me out. Men old enough to be my grandfather will ask me out! I am nice to them, but I come home and I cry, because I think something is wrong with me. I have felt like a object for so many years, and I can feel it now at 44. They are not asking, because they think I am a women of God! They are think the opporsite! God keep me strong.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Oct, 2007 10:13 AM

I have been in your shoes. I have some guys who are interested who are either way too old for me or way too short. I don't know why it is this way but I pray daily that the right guy will come along, in God's timing.

Classiechristian

bigheartguy

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Oct, 2007 06:56 PM

Don't always put the shorter guy down I know of a number of couples that he is shorter then she is and very happy the Lord put them together. Who know that guy you think is to short for you may be the one the Lord wants you to be with. Keep this in mind we can not put God in a box.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Nov, 2007 11:31 PM

there is a saying "Opposites Attract".

Hey, humans and God are opposites. We are sinners, he is holy. and for some reason we are allowed to have a relaionship with him. praise God.

So, it's okay for couples to be opposite, for some it makes their relationship stronger.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Nov, 2007 07:49 PM

State on your profiles here and elsewhere what type of man you are looking for. Be honest and straight forward. Tell that type of man what you are looking for early on so as not to waste each other's time. One way you could do that is to ask the man what qualities he is looking for in a wife. Then if he is smart at all, he'll ask you what you are looking for. Then you can describe the type of man you are looking for and he'll see that he isn't it. Then you'll be done with him without offending him because he asked you the question. If he doesn't ask you after you ask him, then you can just offer your answer to him and he should still get the hint.

Hope that helps,

Mark

Angellove

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Dec, 2007 09:59 AM

Hey I came across chatforum and i want to say something . whats wrong with guys too old asking you out? I means guys who are 60 might ask a girl who is 20 . People can ask anything they want to . besides you are good looking thats why mens ask you out . Infact there are people who have never been asked out . have confidence in yourself and if you donot like the guy then tell him that "he is good person " but sorry i got a boyfriend or something so that he will not be hurt . About the shorter guys its the heart that counts not the looks but if you donot like short guys then thats your choice tell him that you have a man . I am not telling you to lie but i donot feel ok about hurting others feelings. Sometimes for the good we may lie:) Its not right but sometimes truth hurts.Just take care of yourself and your body , live with God and his words and all the rest will be on Gods hands.

be blessed

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2007 09:56 AM

First, I need to explain what you're about to read. See, on the internet there's no body language, inflection, or chance to pat someone's hand reassuringly in comfort, letting them know you still have a Christ-like love for them. With that said, I wanted to weigh in, but I don't want this interpreted as angry or condemning.

You've touched on something I can speak from experience. We'll start with the age question. As someone that doesn't look their age, it's tough to get women their own age to think they are a possibility and it is socially unacceptable to actually date the ones that do think you are a possibility. I'm not saying any age difference is okay because I still believe in needing to have similarities in your relationship as life experiences should bring you together not apart. A huge age gap can cause familial problems as well. However, I think a 10 year age gap, give or take, can be perfectly acceptable.

Now for the big one, height. I can't tell you how many times I've looked at profiles and thought there was great potential only to be shot down on height alone. One of the reasons I joined a Christian service is because I thought the values would be different. Why does almost every woman think they need someone over six feet tall? Even some women who are quite short themselves think this. I guess the tall, dark, and handsome moniker is true (emphasis on tall being first on the list).

Maybe I should have put this first as this will actually answer the question that was asked. Two people are involved in a relationship and it's not fair to assume your preferences are the same as the rest of the world's. It's obvious, if you're receiving responses to your profile, that this person believes there is some potential. Simply be kind and tell them you are not interested. By no means do you lie or bend the truth. Honesty is great. In fact, it's on the list of attributes people are looking for in a relationship, among kind, caring, sensitive, and a sense of humor. It's interesting that we see these listed all the time, but there's never a statement about how someone's height is of the utmost importance. It's a bit dishonest to say the superficial things don't matter and then pick and choose based solely on them. So, I propose listing this in profiles if this is important to you. Maybe there's a good reason and we would all like to know in advance before even contacting someone.

Again, this was not meant to be harsh but more just observations from someone that goes through these things on a daily basis.

Signed,

Vertically Challenged Baby Face

MJ4Him

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2007 09:49 PM

As long as we are on this topic...

Everyone has preferences. I, personally, prefer someone no taller than 6' but think 5'9 - 5'11 is ideal. Does this mean I would limit myself to this height range? Absolutely not; it's just a preference.

It is what's in the heart that matters, and physical appearances quickly lose their lustre when there is no inner beauty to back it up. But there is still nothing wrong with having your own personal taste.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2008 07:23 AM

Hi Detroit Lady!

Don't take it as a sign that there is something wrong with you. Some older guys will have better radar than less experienced guys and know a good thing when he sees it.

When a guy, some how he does not understand [ we guys can be dense], makes you feel bad about yourself, reject that feeling. Your worth is in Christ. "You were bought with a price" means there is nothing cheap about you. Thats a fact.

Take it as a compliment. If you were a movie star you would have to do this about 20 times a day. And God is your biggest fan because he sees the inside.

Sully

3John2

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2008 10:59 PM

This is really hard because I feel that I am not a match for a lot of guys that are my age (46) because I look significantly younger than most people my age. Still, its a challenge for me to be open to a 40 year old, even though I am probably a better match overall for someone that young. I am open to older, but if they look like my dad it is a turn off, so that narrows the older guys down a bit

As far as height goes, as long as they are not shorter than me 5' 8", I am okay with it! More than okay, it simply is a non-issue to me!

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jan, 2008 09:40 AM

Not only that, but the shorter guy may have the biggest, most giving heart of any guy you have met. don't judge by the cover. look at what is on the inside.

Page : 1 2