Author Thread: Praying for America
angelnoh35

View Profile
History
Praying for America
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 03:16 PM

Hi. I am a single mom with 3 small children. I am encouraging everyone to pray for our great nation. God can call people into His kingdom, but we as christians need to be praying and answering the call of the great commission to our country. My heart aches for our families and children, and the sin that is so profound in America. God has given me a heart for this country and to pray for that America will turn back to Him. We are his hands, it is up to us to reach out and touch lives, we are His feet, it is up to us to take the Gospel to the nations, we are his voice, it is up to us to tell the hurting about His love. If we don't who will?

View Profile
History
Praying for America
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 03:36 PM

Amen,

Romans 10:15

How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, who bring glad tidings of good things.

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Praying for America
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 05:39 PM

Good word, sister. I have also been called to Revival in America.

Ruth Graham said,"If God doesn't punish America for her sins, He will have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah. That is one statement that will make you think.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Praying for America
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 05:57 PM

Wow, that does hit hard Leon. I will share that quote with my friends who think that being a missionary means going overseas. We have such a huge mission field right here in our communities and in our workplace. I stand in agreement with the sister who prays for revival in America. Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Praying for America
Posted : 2 Apr, 2009 05:33 AM

I am just wondering why Americans always put up a wall between America and the rest of the world.

The "nation" or "people" of God is not made up by a certain country's passport.

I know there are problems in America and many people who are not reached by the gospel, as it is in every country.

I am sorry, but such statements always make m feel locked out. Are nonbelievers in Germany worth less? I know you don't mean it, but why do you mix up your national feelings (which are not bad, I like my country as well) with your religious faith?

Think broader, think world.

Mk 16,15:

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Of course you start testifying to your own countrymen. They live close by and speak your language. But please, pray for all the world.

God bless

De Benny

prolife1

View Profile
History
Praying for America
Posted : 22 Apr, 2009 10:33 AM

Christ died for the sins of the WORLD...so of course we need to pray for everyone...everywhere. God is not a respector of persons...he loves us all = equally:)

Dayna389

View Profile
History
Praying for America
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 11:52 AM

What many Christians don't understand is that America will never turn to the Lord. We need to pray for Gods people who are in it, not the nation itself.

America is too full of idols. Our flag, lady liberty, the president, people don't see it but these are all IDOLS!!!! And there are many many more.

We sing praises to the flag, we pledge allegiance to the flag, we salute the flag.....

these words should sound a bell off in your head.

some of you may not like what im saying but if you really stood back for a minute and look at what America really is, you'd be shocked.

America itself is an idol.

Freedom? what Freedom? what do you think we are free from?

our rights mean nothing. our freedom means nothing.

only God makes us free.

Judgment is coming and if Christians think America is going to be spared because it is a "great nation" and we pray for it, think again.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but my allegiance is to God alone, not the president, not the flag and certainly not America.