Author Thread: Christian Radio today....
sounddoctorin

View Profile
History
Christian Radio today....
Posted : 10 Oct, 2011 01:58 AM

I'm remembering a day when it seems like there were a lot more artists per decade represented. It seems that the modern stations mostly play like the same 12 artists. Basically aside from an occasional 'new artist' they introduce every..year or whatever...it's been Third day, Sanctus, Mercy me, Toby, newsboys, and a few others for EVER! I'm pretty..sick of it. I turn it on and go 'crud...same stuff..still. Don't they ever get any new artists or at least new songs that SOUND different even instead of the same "Yeeaaahhh" with the guy trying to sound macho? haha! It's just annoying as all get out.

There used to be just ragingly diverse artists presenting message that WENT BEYOND the least common denominator praise/worship stuff. Yes it's good to praise the Lord! But it's also good to have a body that can work together IN HIM and THEN come together and rejoice and praise the lord..... I view the modern church like an Army that wants to celebrate a victory but..they've never fought a single battle together :-(

And sure the big 'battle' has been won! Praise him! But still he's called us to run a race. Fight a fight. To FIND that victory above things that would deceive us and others so that we lose it!

I here a few songs that seems to range into that 'field'. I can count them on ...two fingers or something though. lol. "If we are the body, why aren't his hands reaching.." good song! But played over and over when there are VAST numbers of awesome songs that God's spirit can minister through?

No. That's not so good is it? THere's such a thing as saturating a message and it really doesn't take *that* long. Radio is a resource and if it's really owned by Christians they'll have a conviction about how to use it to optimize the work of the kingdom.

I don't see it. Anyone else think this monotonous tactic is working for some good?

View Profile
History
Christian Radio today....
Posted : 11 Nov, 2012 11:55 PM

Sooo funny, I thought it was only me! Hahaha I definitely feel that there is a lack of variety on Christian radio today. The same few songs are played over and over again. I also feel, unfortunately, that there is a lack of diversity. It would be nice if gospel stations didn't just play gospel, and contemporary christian stations didn't just play contemporary christian songs. A little bit of everything I think would go a long way. Maybe stations could even do a "Upcoming New Artists" a couple weeks out of the month and play songs from people who are trying to get their music out there. Just something different.