Author Thread: dating
Admin

dating
Posted : 20 Oct, 2011 03:13 PM

My idea of a relationship before marriage is courting, dating is not biblical, getting to know someone in a courtship, looking for the compatibility of marriage is biblical, then being engaged, then marriage.

jehovajira5185

View Profile
History
dating
Posted : 22 Oct, 2011 12:36 PM

Glad you re-posted a quote from my "Is Distance a problem". Is this world's idea of dating and relationships biblical?

View Profile
History
dating
Posted : 22 Oct, 2011 12:42 PM

:laugh:

I liked it a lot and also sent it to some male friends online. lol

Unfortunately, many on these Chrisian datesites do not

follow this advice.

jehovajira5185

View Profile
History
dating
Posted : 23 Oct, 2011 12:58 PM

Yes it is unfortunate, but I do not think many know about how it is supposed to work. Courting for the most part is unheard of, and we do not have the best examples of relationships today. The bible does not provide much advice on relationships before marriage. Most of what we think of a relationship is not biblical, this is the reason. There are some wonderful books on the subject by Joshua Harris, I would suggest them to anyone, who wants to pursue a biblical relationship. I met a woman on this site that turned me onto them, she gave them to me as a gift, very sweet, probably the best gift any woman has ever given me. I would also suggest a couple other books. Crazy Love by Francis Chan, amazing book about falling in love with God. Another would be Praying God's Will for Your Life by Stormie Omartian, beautiful book about praying for His will in our lives!