Author Thread: Approaching someone at church?
Admin

Approaching someone at church?
Posted : 17 Oct, 2007 12:48 AM

Hey, I work night shift and take night classes that take up much of my time to see friends and meet new people. At church is the only place I meet christian girls/women right now in my week. But that is not the reason I go to Church but they are there.

Well onto my question/questions, Is the first time I meet someone to soon to ask out, knowing I might see them next week or not? Also is asking a girl out at Church seem a bit wrong if thats the only place I get the chance to see them?

Thanks

MJ4Him

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2007 09:31 PM

Seanman and KevinJ, you are in different situations so I will address you separately...

Kevin J, I can only echo what the others here have suggested. I think that you should weigh your options, see which girls through casual conversation are most compatible and proceed!

Seanman (hey you! how are you), because you are in a service position at your congregation, I would suggest that you mingle quietly but assertively at all the Church events and get to know (again through casual conversation) a few different women on a "Christian friend" level. If the one God has for you is one of the women you've gotten to know, He will reveal her to you and guide you in how to approach her romantically. But do keep this in mind: when mingling at Church to get to know these ladies, don't be so obvious. Get better acquainted with a variety of people; other men, elderly, widows, and children. Everyone will appreciate the interest you've shown and in return you will grow closer to your Church family.

God bless and good luck!

earl02

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Dec, 2007 01:35 PM

no I dont, just depends on when and were.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Dec, 2007 02:10 PM

To me I think ,we go to church because there we learn how we can go to heaven ,its a place where we gether together in one name of christ jesus ,but if God aloud this man+woman to join together praise but its not my goal.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2008 07:58 PM

I think it is a GREAT place to meet someone, but put the timing in the Lords hands.

Pray for that person that He wants you to be with, and be open to it.

outdoorchic1

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Apr, 2008 10:45 AM

I think the fact that you are in leadership makes your situation unique. You are right, you must be very careful about dating someone in your congregation. But, I don't think it would be off-limits, as long as you got to know them well enough in group settings to know that you really wanted to take the chance. But, only if you were sure you wanted something more serious with her.

ujk2007

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Apr, 2008 07:10 PM

I think church is the best place to meet someone. Maybe not the very first time you meet... talk to them a few times maybe attend some group events, and just go from there. You mention ... "causing to fall". Well, if you both conduct yourself in a Christ like manner, then with the Lord's help, hopefully you both won't fall. I say good luck... I only wish I went to a church that had any age appropiate single men. Your very forunate if you have some nice, availble single christian women. I say go for it!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2008 01:29 PM

Get to know the person at Church before rushing off for a date. Sitting with her during services and going to Church events will give you some kind of indicator of her Spiritual side. This factors in to what kind of woman she is. Then go from there. (My old Church had a "coffe shop" and it was great for pseudo "dates".)

Nothing worse than liking what you see, but only to find the person's Spiritual side is hollow and non existant. Sounds harsh BUT we need to find someone who is relatively at a similar Spiritual level as ourselves.

hesformeareyou

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jan, 2009 08:59 AM

I would love it if a nice man sat next to me in church and asked me out for coffee afterwards. It's a great place to meet .

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Apr, 2009 02:58 PM

Asking out the first time is definitely a no-no, unless you know that there is no chance of ever seeing them again. However, I do not think that it is right to ask someone on church ground. It shows that a person's focus is not on God. Perhaps if you spot them some other time and talk causually. At least then it feels like you just noticed them and realized how nice they are. It'd be double points.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2011 03:03 AM

Hello Ya'll my name is Peter and I was just passing by, and my thought on your question my brother is this, as long as your heart is in the right place there is no right time or wrong time to approach someone that you might find attractive. I do believe in patience but thats me, some times God sends love right then and there and sometimes love is a seedling that needs nurtureing and time to grow. You know the intentions of your heart and if they line up to Gods Word then I say go and be her brother at first and let the rest fall into place.

God Bless Ya'll

Peter

Page : 1 2 3