Author Thread: Is it rude to not answer a message someone sends you?
Admin

Is it rude to not answer a message someone sends you?
Posted : 18 Oct, 2007 06:42 AM

I have sent several people messages, but I have not gotten a response. In my mail box it says "read". I would like a response even if its to tell me no, I am not intrested in you. Do you think it rude to not answer someone? :angel:

Cory

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Oct, 2007 01:39 PM

i think it is, its not very Christian like to just ignore somone, at least say somthing. Jesus Loves all people, he wants us to Love as he does. so show a little love and say hello, otherwise it leaves us to question your claim to being a Christian.

Listen if somone doesnt message you back right away but it still says they have read it then give it a couple of days and send them another. I know that when some people message me it may take me a little bit to answer and if i dont have the time at that moment i wont get the message sent... However i will send one back within a day or two. if they dont by that time send them another message asking why they did not answer, and if they still dont send you a M back then send them another letting them know how you felt about that.

Take car all.

Cory

Keep your Focus on Christ

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Oct, 2007 08:36 AM

Thanks Cory! I appreciate your answer. I think your right, its not very Christian to never respond to someone. Thanks for your relpy! God Bless! :angel:

ChristinaDK

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Dec, 2007 07:53 AM

It is.. In general. But some really do not ignore your message to be rude or because they aren't happy you wrote them; if you have a connection with someone and you get a whole lot of mail and answer all of it back you will be unable to talk to that person as much as you would like when your 30 messages per 24 hours are up! That perhaps sounds harsh but it is a problem and the site should try to solve it!

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Dec, 2007 11:26 AM

I had no idea you only had 30 messages per 24 hours. As you can tell, I don't get that many messages. But yeah, it really seems rude to not get at least a response. Especially from someone who's only looking for friendship.

Administrator

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Dec, 2007 12:16 PM

The 30 messages per day limitation no longer exists.

Just wanted to let you know so that you wont feel any pressure to limit your communication. :glow:

Also, I hope that people will at least say hi or that they are not interested instead of ignoring someone's message altogether.

That would be a nicer way of handling the situation. :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Dec, 2007 07:54 PM

Hey cool, I didn't know the administrator posted too. I agree. I think most of us would prefer an "I'm not interested" than nothing at all.

chrgentleman

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Dec, 2007 06:26 PM

I think it is very rude however if it's just a first time situation where you have never spoken to them they may just feel your mail didn't require a response. Some people think like that unless you leave some people message asking that they call you back they may not feel it required a response. If you were really interested, maybe you could try asking them a specific question about their profile that might peak their interest and cause a response.

Rodney

jackien

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2008 10:22 AM

I totally agree!! IT'S PLAIN RUDE!!!! Just answer the email!

BenMac

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2008 01:37 PM

It is quite rude, especially when the person has put a lot into writing an email to you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2008 11:58 PM

I am surprised how many of you people in here say that it is rude to not answer people. Sure to wish that more would read this! I have people that don't answer me all of the time! Maybe in this site people will change?:prayingf:

Page : 1 2 3