Author Thread: Is Tower Heist just a movie? Or does it have a deeper biblical meaning
LionessArising

View Profile
History
Is Tower Heist just a movie? Or does it have a deeper biblical meaning
Posted : 20 Nov, 2011 01:47 PM

*THE TOWER (STRONG BUILDING) Represents = GOD

'My Steadfast Love and my Fortress, my High Tower and my Deliverer, my Shield and He in Whom I trust and take refuge, Who subdues my people under me'. Psalm 144:2 (AMP)

*JOSH KOVACKS (MANAGER) = PASTOR, SHEPHERD, LEADER

'Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, watching over them�not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve'; 1Peter 5:2 (AMP)

*CHARLIE HOWARD (CONCIERGE) = WATCHMAN, USHER, HELPS MINISTRY

'I'm overwhelmed with sorrow! sunk in a swamp of despair! I'm like someone who goes to the garden to pick cabbages and carrots and corn. And returns empty-handed, finds nothing for soup or sandwich or salad.There's not a decent person in sight. Right-living humans are extinct. They're all out for one another's blood, animals preying on each other. They've all become experts in evil. Corrupt leaders demand bribes. The powerful rich make sure they get what they want. The best and brightest are thistles. The top of the line is crabgrass. But no longer: It's exam time. Look at them slinking away in disgrace! Don't trust your neighbor, don't confide in your friend. Watch your words, even with your spouse. Neighborhoods and families are falling to pieces. The closer they are�sons, daughters, in-laws�The worse they can be. Your own family is the enemy' Micah 7:1-6 (MSG).

*SLIDE-(CON ARTIST) = LOST SHEEP

'Suppose one of you had a hundred sheep and lost one. Wouldn't you leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the lost one until you found it? When found, you can be sure you would put it across your shoulders, rejoicing, and when you got home call in your friends and neighbors, saying, 'Celebrate with me! I've found my lost sheep!' Count on it�there's more joy in heaven over one sinner's rescued life than over ninety-nine good people in no need of rescue'. Luke 15:4-7 (MSG)

'He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous'. Psalm 146:7-8 (TNIV)

*ARTHUR SHAW- (THE BILIONAIRE) = ANTICHRIST OR THE DEVIL HIMSELF, (LIER, DECEIVER, PERPETRATOR)

'And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many' Matthew 24:11 (KJV)

'For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. No wonder, for even Satan disguises* himself as an angel of light. Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds'. 2Corinthians 11:13-15 (NASB)

*CLAIRE DENHAM (THE LAW/SPECIAL AGENT) = THE LAW: THE FIRST FIVE BOOKS

The first five books of the Bible are sometimes called the Pentateuch which means "five books." They are also known as the books of the law because they contain the laws and instruction given by the Lord through Moses to the people of Israel. These books were written by Moses, except for the last portion of Deuteronomy because it tells about the death of Moses.These five books lay the foundation for the coming of Christ in that here God chooses and brings into being the nation of Israel. As God's chosen people, Israel became the custodians of the Old Testament, the recipients of the covenants of promise, and the channel of Messiah (Rom. 3:2; 9:1-5).

GENESIS (The Book of Beginnings)

EXODUS (The Book of Redemption)

LEVITICUS (The Book of Holiness)

NUMBERS (Wilderness Wanderings)

DEUTERONOMY (Reiteration and Reviewing)

'This book of the law*(GOD'S WORD) shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may [a]be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will [b]have success' Joshua 1:8 (NASB)

*ODESSA MONTERO (THE MAID) = THE LIONESS BRIDE OF CHRIST-

Taken from Lisa Bevere's Book: "LIONESS ARISING" - Women, it's time to AWAKEN...God did not save you to tame you. AWAKEN...to a life of fierce passion. AWAKEN...to dangerous prayer, stunning power, and teamed purpose. AWAKEN...your response could very well change your world.

Like Odessa's character in Tower Heist-

SHE- WOMAN- has all of these attributes:

* What it means to be dangerous and fully awake

* How to use your strength for service, not for status

* Your individual prowess and it's strategic contribution

* How you are the sum of fear and wonder

* How to live in the light and hunt in the dark

* How to raise your prayer volume from a whisper to a roar

* How to walk with the Lion

Lovely lioness sisters, now is not the time to be afraid of your strength, questions, or insights. It is time to awaken, arise, and dare to realize all you were created to be! God is awakening His daughters, challenging them to be at once both virtuous and capable. Let's look at the lioness and allow her to awaken our untamed nature, fierce beauty, and unbridled strength so we can rise up and be the courageous women God has called us to be.

*DEV'REAUX (THE BELLHOP) =THE HOLY SPIRIT= (HE IS A GENTLEMAN, GUIDE, HELPER, TEACHER, COMFORTER, COUNSELOR, STRENGTHENER, STAND BY).

"I still have many things to tell you, but you can't handle them now. But when the Friend comes, the Spirit of the Truth, he will take you by the hand and guide you into all the truth there is. He won't draw attention to himself, but will make sense out of what is about to happen and, indeed, out of all that I have done and said. He will honor me; he will take from me and deliver it to you. Everything the Father has is also mine. That is why I've said, 'He takes from me and delivers to you.' John 16:12-15 (MSG)

*CHASE FITZHUGH (THE SQUATTER) = LION OF JUDAH-

'Judah, you are the one whom your brothers shall praise; your hand shall be on the neck of your enemies; your father's sons shall bow down to you. .Judah, a lion's cub! With the prey, my son, you have gone high up [the mountain]. He stooped down, he crouched* like a lion, and like a lioness--who dares provoke and rouse him? Genesis 49:8-9 (AMP)

Biography:(from his FaceBook Page)

I'm Chase Fitzhugh. I used to be the high-paid chief financial adviser to Merrill Lynch, and now I can barely afford socks. The bank is foreclosing on my apartment and everything I ever put in it, but for now I tell my kids we're playing camp. Maybe after we get kicked out of The Tower I can teach them how to play pizza-box-fort?.........

There are many men today who are close to the same situation as Chase's. They have lost their true identity's and the trait of behaving in ways considered typical for men. Financial pressure, Family and Marriages have demanded more and more from them, even to the point of domesticating and caging them, so they give up on their desires of being the Hero they've always dreamed they could be.

'A Battle to fight, an Adventure to Live and a Beauty to Rescue' is the cry of every man's heart. In John Eldredge Book 'Wild at Heart' he says: God designed men to be DANGEROUS.. Simply look at the dreams and desires written in the heart of every boy: To be a HERO, to be a WARRIOR, to live a life of ADVENTURE and RISK. Sadly, most men abandon those dreams and desires-aided by a Christianity that feels like nothing more than pressure to be a "nice guy." It is no wonder that many men avoid church, and those who go are often passive and bored to death. A woman needs to look inside the true heart of a man and give men permission to be what God designed them to be- DANGEROUS, PASSIONATE, ALIVE, and FREE!

A weary and lonely woman asked John the other day: "How do I get my Husband to come alive"? "Invite him to be Dangerous'! he said. "You mean I should let him get the motorcycle, right'? "Yep". She shrank back, disappointment on her face. "I know you're right, but I hate the idea. I've made him tame for years.

Why would we put a man in a Cage? For the same reason we put a Lion* there. For the same reason we put God there: he's Dangerous. .It's time for MEN to Arise and be all they are called to be. Men: I love your warrior hearts. You've got what it takes!

*Last but not least at all: Tower Heist Director BRETT RATNER = JESUS 'Then Pilate called in the high priests, rulers, and the others and said, "You brought this man to me as a disturber of the peace. I examined him in front of all of you and found there was nothing to your charge. And neither did Herod, for he has sent him back here with a clean bill of health. It's clear that he's done nothing wrong, let alone anything deserving death. I'm going to warn him to watch his step and let him go." At that, the crowd went wild: "Kill him! Give us Barabbas!" (Barabbas had been thrown in prison for starting a riot in the city and for murder.) Pilate still wanted to let Jesus go, and so spoke out again. But they kept shouting back, "Crucify!Crucify him!" He tried a third time. "But for what crime? I've found nothing in him deserving death. I'm going to warn him to watch his step and let him go." But they kept at it, a shouting mob, demanding that he be crucified. And finally they shouted him down. Pilate caved in and gave them what they wanted. He released the man thrown in prison for rioting and murder, and gave them Jesus to do whatever they wanted'. Luke 23:13-25 (MSG)

In the same way. Brett is being persecuted and severely judged for one comment he made, but It didn't mean to be taken seriously. He has apologized, but still everyone is yelling 'Crucify Him, Crucify Him'. Because of that, now he too has been shouted down and resigned as Producer of next year's Academy Awards. As the insults pour in on various websites regarding this matter.. Like Jesus, GLAAD is now doing whatever they want to do with Brett. Now he has no other choice. His Freedom was taken away from him.

*If Leadership (be it governmental, legislative, church, or judicial) is to accomplish any restoration of justice in our time, it will require both insight and energy, Justice has an energy: injustice does as well. Likewise, both have an insightful strategy. Once justice is in play, it must be guarded and protected. The perversion and twisting of what was meant to preserve justice is rampant today- so much that at times it seems easier to do harm then good. In some countries it is easier for a child to be purchased through a pedophile ring then it is to execute a legal adoption.- Lisa Bevere

Judgement will again be found on justice, and those with virtuous hearts will pursue it. Psalm 94:15 (NLT)

*Jesus told this simple story, but they had no idea what he was talking about. So he tried again. "I'll be explicit, then. I am the Gate for the sheep. All those others are up to no good�sheep stealers, every one of them. But the sheep didn't listen to them. I am the Gate. Anyone who goes through me will be cared for�will freely go in and out, and find pasture. A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of. JOHN 10:10 (MSG)

Jesus is the Gate to The Tower