Author Thread: How did you meet your better half?
Len1932

View Profile
History
How did you meet your better half?
Posted : 25 Dec, 2011 09:03 PM

When I was in 1st and 2nd grades , there was a girl that I really enjoyed being with each day. I would go out of my way to school (we walked blocks to school in those days) .just to have the opportunity to be with a girl named Coralie. That name is not often given to a girl even today. Along about the end of the school year she moved from the area and her name and great times we had has always stuck in my mind. This happened in Iowa and when I joined the Air Force they sent me to California. There one day I attended a USO dance held by the high school girls and would you believe met a beautiful girl, and her name was Coralie. She was one of the top dancers and I never learned to dance, the daughter of the Chev Plant Manager and I was just a one-striper in the Air Force, but she invited me home that day to visit with her parents. We hit it off from the very start and one month after graduating from high school we were married. Just 6 months after meeting and she was just 17 and I was 20 so we had to have our parents permission to get married at that age. In 55 years, we traveled the world, had six children, had a farm and several other businesses together. We had a high respect for each other, even though I never learned to dance. When I found another girl named Coralie, I never let her go All our life the Lord was number one and he blessed us over and over.