Author Thread: Kindles, Nooks and E-Books..
Admin

Kindles, Nooks and E-Books..
Posted : 14 Jan, 2012 01:09 PM

Any one know of a (or many) good site(s) for finding books for E-books? Also, any suggestions on good books to look for?

I have a Nook and I find it kinda hard to find books I like some times.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jan, 2012 11:27 AM

Something I found that looks interesting is a combo pack of books by John Eldredge: The Sacred Romance, Desire, and Waking the Dead.

I got it for around $12 I think, when each would have been $10 or so separately.

Has any one read any of these? I got it because a friend and I are supposed to start a book study with Waking The Dead.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jan, 2012 01:51 AM

The library! :excited: jk i don't have one so i don't know but that's what i do.

As far as good reads go, I thought Great Expectations by Charles Dickens was absolutely fantastic. So was A Tale of Two Cities but I think I would've been able to follow it better and enjoy it more if it wasn't the audio version. Both are such a joy to read though and everything you want in a good book.

Eric Clapton's autobiography, Clapton, was fantastic also, especially the audio version since he's the one reading it.

And also definitly Forrest Gump by Winston Groom. Way different from the movie. I even thought the movie was a dissappointment after reading it.

You couldn't really go wrong with any of those I'd say.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jan, 2012 01:58 AM

Oh yeah, also Kennedy and Nixon: A Rivalry That Shaped Post-War America by Chistopher Matthews was surprisingly a lot cooler than I thought it would be.

Also On Writing by Steven King. Even if you're not into writing it's still fun to listen to him talk about his philosophy on doing what he loves and again if you get it in the audio version it's him narrating so that makes it even better. It's sort of like an autobiography for him also.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jan, 2012 02:15 AM

Sorry, one more. You should definitly check out Googling God by John Cox. Very original and like a breath of fresh air for the mind. Not really like anything I've ever read and I'm surprised it isn't more popular.

bookwatcher

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Feb, 2012 10:09 PM

what genres are you looking for? I have a wide selection of romance fantasy mystery and non fiction... for those downloaded things... (ugh... i need the feel of paper in my hands)... amazon has a good selection