Author Thread: Does height really matter? Would you marry a short guy?
CJGroove

View Profile
History
Does height really matter? Would you marry a short guy?
Posted : 12 Feb, 2009 03:14 PM

It seems that many profiles I view on many sites women, even the short ones, always want a tall guy. Is that really important? Do you feel a short guy, even shorter than you, is any less of a man?

I am only 5'3. I cannot help that God made me so short. I guess there was only a little bit of dirt left in the area when He made me..lol. I can wear my big boy shoes! :P

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2009 03:44 PM

Hi CJ,

Good question. However, I think men think about the height of women as well. I mean there are soem men who don't want a women who is too short or taller than he is.

I think women like tall men, becaue we wear 3 inch heels and, if a woman is 5'6, and has on 3' heels, out with a guy who is 5'3, do you think the man is going to feel comfortable? Also, I don't think the woman is going to feel very confortable either. I've dated short men before, and it is rather uncomfortable to be standing taller than your date especially, if the man is shoulder height to you. In older age, it doesn't matter, but for so reason in younger age it does

Woman are use to reaching up on their toes to kiss their man, and it looks rather odd for a man to reach up on his toes to kiss his... uh.... welll, unless you're Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes...:glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2009 05:32 PM

Height does not matter to me because I am 5'2'. You know, though, to be quite honest, I never thought about it. I've known some short men who were power packed. I think it's all in the persona...I really can understand the concern. My husband was 6'2" and would never dance with me because he said I was too short. I guess there is a comfort level with some people about those things. I guess you would just have to scout around and find someone who sees you. After all the body is just the vehicle that carries the soul. If you find someone who truly understands that then it will not matter because she'll only have eyes for the real you. I know a couple that have flipped the charts. The husband is 5'6 and she is 6'. They just had their first child and are so happy together. Take care.

Robin

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2009 06:03 PM

No height doesn't matter. A girl would have to be shallow to not marry a guy just because of his height. What matters the most is his relationship with Christ not his physical stature or appearance.

CJGroove

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2009 09:32 PM

sounds superficial."especially if u r tom cruise"? the guy may only feel uncomfortable if he is insecure or made to fell that way.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Feb, 2009 05:46 AM

Height doesn't matter to me at all. However, I think to the majority of women who are looking more to the outside, rather that what's in ~ it does.

You can usually tell who these ladies are, by reading their profiles. They'll probably make some sort of reference to physical qualities (even if they don't mention height in particular).

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Feb, 2009 07:49 AM

The main questions are....do your feet touch the ground when you walk? Do your knees hit the ground when you pray? Do you raise your heart to heaven when praising the Lord? If you can't answer affirmatively to the last two questions, no matter your physical height, you don't measure up in my book.

Blessings,

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Feb, 2009 05:24 PM

Too good and too true!! Robin

n7ekg

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 02:14 PM

Elisa,

Very true - but, unfortunately, not a view shared by a lot of women... :(

Proverbschick

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Apr, 2009 10:19 PM

Actually strawberi, he is 5'10 and she is 6'4 borderlining 6'5. She never thought in a million years she would marry someone shorter thatn she.

I know stereotypically a female prefers a taller man, but a lot prefer one that is close to their height. Or at least in my case I do. If they are too much taller, I feel like they are talking over me, and if they too much shorter, they are at a good height to "accidentally" faceplantd into a specific female area. I guess it really depends. Shorter guys do tend to have a better personality.

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 04:53 PM

Although I prefer a taller man--in a survey, many women end up liking men to be 1.1x taller than them--I have not thought twice about a man my height. (5'4")

I guess the reason that people like a taller man is because they think it involves the health of a person. I'm sorry to say that I don't know how I would initially react to someone shorter than me attempting a romantic relationship, but I do think that I could come to love that man if the personalities and beliefs clicked in harmony.

Page : 1 2