Author Thread: Shower of Blessings--Do we see them?
Len1932

View Profile
History
Shower of Blessings--Do we see them?
Posted : 22 Feb, 2012 11:14 AM

LEN'S LINES -- A Little Religion On A Positive Note By Len Granger

Showers of Blessings

Blessings are showered on us as we see in the Bible, Ezekiel 34-26, " I will cause showers to come down in their season, there shall be showers of blessings".

We may not even recognize a Blessing as they come in the form of Physical Blessings, Material Blessings, and Spiritual Blessings. Some of us may have even said , I never get a Blessing and have stopped asking the Lord. We may have blinders on our eyes and cannot see the small Blessings, as we look to the Lord for that enormous earth shaking Blessing we have always wanted.

The Lord may have said I will supply your needs, However, your wants are up to you to obtain. As we look back over our Christian lives we see many Blessings that the Lord has provided us and we praise him for his comfort and guidance as we try to follow closely by his side.

Our loving and gracious Lord Jesus Christ, tells us in Matthew, Chapter 5 verses 3 to 10: "

Blessed are the poor in spirit, For theirs is the Kingdom Of Heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted,

Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth,

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.

and Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven".

Now that is many Blessings of all types, and sometimes the Lord even takes back a small Blessing and gives us a much larger one in its place.

Recently on my small farm, I had a calf born and it was a Blessing. It was rather small and not able to nurse so was bottle feed, as we sometimes have had to do in the past. It was doing fairly well but when the rainstorm came through it became weak and died. I prayed what to do with the cow as could only keep so many on the pasture, The Lord answered to sell the cow and another large cow that did not have a calf, but I thought that will take time. That day I went to a neighborhood market and mentioned my problem to the owner who said his brother was looking for a cow for beef. They would be over to see the cows in a day or two, he said, so I went home, prayed and took a nap.

I was awaken by a knock on the door, and there were the brothers to look at the cows. They bought both cows and paid for them and we shook hands to seal the agreement. Yes, the Lord may Bless us with small Blessings and take them back and give us a much larger Blessing.

Pray we will all be in the church of our choice this Sunday singing and worshiping our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

God Bless America

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Feb, 2012 07:22 AM

Len,

Thank you for your beautiful words on, Showers of Blessings! We all need to realize what all God does for us each day, whether they're small or large blessings. Maybe we have to go through some rough times in life but if we truly trust in Him, He will get us through it all. I have seen many of his blessings in my life. I can't thank Him enough.

I remember singing that beautiful song in church called, Showers Of Blessings.

God bless you. . Kay

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2012 09:51 AM

Matthew chapter 5, verses 3 to 10 were beautiful. Thanks so much, Len, for sharing the scripture and your experience.