Author Thread: User tech support
SweetGeek

View Profile
History
User tech support
Posted : 23 Feb, 2012 08:22 AM

It would be nice to have a forum where users could help each other with tech issues with CDFF. I see a lot of people who say something in their profile about not being able to get IM working. I think most of the time it is a problem with pop-up blocker settings that they don't know how to adjust.

I wrote up instructions for the Firefox and Google Chrome browsers so far and intend to write up instructions to others in the future.

SweetGeek

View Profile
History
User tech support
Posted : 23 Feb, 2012 08:43 AM

To Enable pop-ups for CDFF Instant Messaging in Firefox:

If you have a little orange box that says "Firefox" in the upper left corner of your browser window, click on it, then click on "Options"

If you don't have the orange box, click on "Tools", the "Options"

In the Options menu, make sure the "Content" tab is selected

Leave the "Block pop-up windows" checkbox selevted, but next to it, click the "Exceptions..." button

When the "Allowed Sites - Pop-ups" window opens, type "www.christiandatingforfree.com in the "Address of website" box, " and click the "Allow" button.

Click "Close" button on the "Allowed Sites - Pop-ups" window

Click the "OK" button on the "Options" window.

Pop-ups (IMs) are now enabled for CDFF!

SweetGeek

View Profile
History
User tech support
Posted : 23 Feb, 2012 08:43 AM

To enable pop-ups for CDFF Instant Messaging in Google Chrome:

Click on the wrench icon in the upper right of the browser window

When the menu drops down, click "options"

When the options page comes up click "Under the Hood" on the left side of the window.

On the under the hood page in the Privacy section, click the "Content Settings..." button.

On the content settings page, near the bottom in the pop-ups section. click the "Manage exceptions..." button.

On the pop-up exceptions page, in the text box under "Hostname Pattern" type in "www.christiandatingforfree.com". Make sure the setting under the label "Behavior" says "Allow", then press the enter key.

Pop-ups (IMs) are now enabled for CDFF!

HisPrincessToo

View Profile
History
User tech support
Posted : 9 Oct, 2012 10:17 AM

I don't have a wrench icon on my google chrome screen. Anywhere else to look???

thanks for trying to help

HisPrincessToo

View Profile
History
User tech support
Posted : 9 Oct, 2012 10:17 AM

I don't have a wrench icon on my google chrome screen. Anywhere else to look???

thanks for trying to help

HisPrincessToo

View Profile
History
User tech support
Posted : 11 Oct, 2012 10:01 AM

Go to the three-barr icon, then Settings, then "Show advanced settings"Scroll down to "Pop-ups" and click on the "Manage exceptions..." buttonThen add "www.christiandatingforfree.com" with a behavior setting of "allow".