Author Thread: West: too good to be true?
Admin

West: too good to be true?
Posted : 8 Mar, 2012 08:11 PM

Hi everyone, I decided to raise this issue because I came across and heard from friends,asians the way how the westerners especially men thinks too good of themselves. Why do they seem to forget 'NOT just westerners but the whole human race is created in the image of God?' And we as christians, aren't we supposed to be anti-discrimination?

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2012 12:16 AM

i gonna have to reply with,Media Hype,political propaganda,social brainwashing,and the trust of false senses of security i.e. job,home,car,bank account...

my theory is, if You are truely Christian? it does not matter where You are,GOD can meet You there,only GOD saves...

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2012 07:23 AM

Thanks peace.but guess you got my point wrong. What I intended to bring out was that western men here seem to be thinking that Asian women are green-card hungry which is not true. They seem to take women for granted especially asian.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2012 07:45 AM

oops,greatest apologizes,it happens alot here, thought we were talking about western culture/society?

however from experience,i do a lil volunteer over at christianet.com and average atleast one mailing a week from some young,adorable,Pinay,cutie seeking sponsorship of some sort or another here in the U.S.,and i really feel sorrowed for them as do they realize, Where ever You go there You are?

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2012 08:56 AM

I see peace. But, I feel it is wrong to stereotype everyone in the same category because of a few of the millions. I definitely love my country and would love to settle here forever:)

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Mar, 2012 03:33 PM

Is the generalization of western men not the same thing you criticize them of doing?

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Mar, 2012 08:34 PM

O hope! I didn't mean to sound criticising. My apology. The fact that I started the topic is to see what different takes people have regarding the topic.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2012 06:47 AM

o.O apologizes TrueFriend ,if there was a generalization intended it was,"Whereever You go,there You are...."

and that does apply to everyone....whether they like it or not.....

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Mar, 2012 10:21 AM

Well, Peace whatever it is,I am not here to fight for Asian rights. And I guess its a good thing to agree to disagree or vice versa.

Eurasian555

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2012 04:47 AM

I admire your answers and humility truefriend and as well your understanding. We all have our own weaknesses and perceptions of life regardless of where we live or race, but as christians, we have the Word of God to go to for counsel in regards to the right christian spouse and where to live and I believe being in God's will is the only way to live an abundant and peaceful life Psalm 1:1-3

Godbless you all who love the Lord Jesus Christ!

shineme27

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 May, 2012 10:02 PM

This is an old issue in the western world. Not surprisingly, since this is caused by several women from Asian countries who in fact did do so. My friend also told the same thing. a man of this website have also mentioned the same thing to me. He wanted to make sure what I was also one of them. I just laugh at it because if I want to visit some western countries, I have friends and family who can invite me anytime. One of my friends live in Washington DC almost every year come to my country because of the beauty of the underwater world (he likes diving) once told me, if you want to go to America, tell me when it's time, I'll send a letter to the embassy so that you easy to get a visa (he worked in the department of commerce).

I believe, not every man in this website has a negative outlook for Asian women in this website. For myself, I signed up here because this is a CHRISTIAN site. Not because seeking Green Card because it is not the right place :)

Page : 1 2 3