When it involved my first born son,

There's nothing like a mother's grief,

To change the longest held belief,

To take a stand and call for peace,

And pray for when all war shall cease.

� 2006

By Juvie

Author's comments:

My son, Jordan Christian, (24 yrs. old now) served in Iraq and was wounded twice. He received the Purple Heart, recovered, (physically, he still has some shrapnel in his right knee, mentally/emotionally he is dealing with a bit of P.T.S.D), and is home now (Thank God!) with my new granddaughter, and attending college full-time, with a 4.0 G.P.A. Within a few weeks after being deployed to Iraq, he had lost a dozen friends to the war. His phone calls home were excruciating for us both!

CleanLife

View Profile
History
Can We Make Love?
Posted : 1 Mar, 2009 03:03 AM

Hey Juv... I read your poetry...It is truly heart "touching".. I also read about your son! He is a TRUE HERO! I can NOT begin to tell you have VERY much I appreciate what he has sacrificed for his and our country! How, pray-tell, do we even begin to show our appreciation?? I can not fathom what he has gone thru! I am a Lieutenant on the police force and have seen my share of "what the world has to offer".. Your son has seen 10 or more times what I have experienced >> I don't quite know how to express myself! Please tell him : Lieutenant Steinsholt holds him in the HIGHEST honor and regard!

Ben...........

View Profile
History
Can We Make Love?
Posted : 1 Nov, 2009 05:58 PM

Juve,

It may seem incongruous to mention Love and War in the same context, but I believe the reason that men and women are willing to fight and perhaps lose their life is because of Love.

Love of Peace -- Love of Freedom -- but most of all Love forthe person next to them fighting with them. What your son has gone through (and you also, because a mother's heart FEELS her son's pain) will either make him the best Darn Christian and Husband and Father because he has seen the worst and the Best of mankind or if allowed to turn inward it will be a thorn for a long while.

Watch him Juve, pray for him. The nightmares will take a while to diminish. Make sure he has friends that care for him. This country needs more men like him and I proudly salute him and you.

God Bless and Peace

In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love.

Mother Teresa