Author Thread: DO YOU REALLY HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?...
Admin

DO YOU REALLY HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?...
Posted : 24 Feb, 2009 11:01 PM

You know, we all think we've got what it takes to be good Christians just because we believe in Jesus Christ, or we're faithful to go to church every Sunday, give our tithes and offering, ...hmmm, or we're on the deacon or usher boards, or we sing in the choir, give to charity, and on and one.

But do you really have a servant's heart as Christ has so required of us? Are we really doing those things that Christ did which proves that we are one of His children who has the mind and heart of Christ as a servant toward others?...

Listen to what Christ has to say: Matthew chapter 25

When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, the He will sit on the throne of His glory... And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left hand.

Then the King will say to those on His right hand, Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.... Because when I was hungry, you gave me food to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave Me a drink. I was a stranger, and you took Me in off the street. I was sick, and you vsited Me. I was in prison, and you came and prayed for Me.

Then the righteous will answer and say, Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and gave You a drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and gave You clothe to wear? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and came and prayed for You?

And the King will say to them, Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did these things to one of the least of these who are in need, you did it to Me...

Sisters of St. Francis has need of volunteer missionaries, men and women from age 18 and older. The volunteers are provided living quarters in each community.

Volunteers are needed in Tyler, Texas;Okolona, Mississippi, Sioux City, Iowa; San Antonio, Texas; and many other places. Short term and long term volunteer missions trips, two weeks to six months.

If you're interested and would like to serve on the missions field, this summer and/or beyond the summer. Then check out this website. Write or call for more information...

Call or vist their website today! Sign up and be blessed of the Lord... you betcha!:angel:

Sisters of St. Francis

3390 Windsor Avenue

Dubuque, Iowa 52001

(563) 583-9786

www.osfdbq.org

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2009 11:39 AM

Hey,

For some reason they didn't want my help. I really don't mind being the only guy there, but they just don't see it my way. LOL. Just kidding. I thought someone should say that this is for women only.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2009 04:18 PM

Leon, Now seeeee, I'll just have to rebuke that spirit out of you... you little BOOGIE-BEAR... :devil:...:yay:

Where are your glasses?... :excited:

What does the announcement say?... BOTH MEN AND WOMEN are needed. That's the problem right there, some men think missions work is for women only. WRRRROOONGG!!:zzzz::angel::purpleangel::ribbit::eat::goofball::boxing::laugh:

You're a hot mess!:yay:...I'm praying for you. Where is Lydia? She shouldn't have let you out of the basement, you're not ready for prime time yet.:prayingf:

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2009 05:20 PM

I went to the web page, clicked on requirements, and it said you had to be a woman over 21. Did I look in the wrong spot? I am only a couple of hours from San Antonio, and wouldn't mind helping. It's not like I am doing much else right now.

Blessings,

Leon

P.S. Shhhhh, don't tell Lydia I got out. LOL.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2009 08:22 PM

Ok, so here's the email address, I forgot to post it. But give Sr. Marie Therese Kalb a call or email for more information. This would be very good for you to experience. You would be surprise to find out that you really don't know who you are until you have worked with the poor.

I go on mission trips and there are agencies who are always sending me information for come help them, so I don't know much about this one.

Sr. Marie Kalb's address: [email protected]

I just read the announcement, they are in need of just women in San Antonio. But in Okolona, Mississippi they are in need of both men and women from May 31 to June 6th and throughout the month of June and July. You can work one or two weeks, or for the whole three months,

Most men are needed in Mississippi, and Iowa. I've been to Mississippi twice... May go back this summer, the people there are so humble and kind.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2009 04:10 PM

MISSION FIELD INFORMATION

AIMS (Accelerating International Mission Strategies) has many great volunteer mission opportunites that may be of interest to you who are interested in missions field work overseas or in the US.

Write today for the publication "The World Christian Expedition", there are over ninety (90) different sending agencies seeking or providing short or long-term mission opportunities.

Write, call, or email:

AIMS

P.O.Box 64534

Virginia Beach, VA 23467

Phone: (757) 495-495-5850

Fax: (757) 495-5855

Email: [email protected]

"He is able to do exceedingly abundantly about all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever." Ephesians chapter 3:verses 20-21.:angel:

Blessings always,

ella

lifethatwins

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Mar, 2009 12:57 PM

What is a missionary a person sent out from God, what is an apostle a person sent out from God, notice any differance, the only differance between those words one is taking from the latin the other the greek, just a tid bid of information. and who does he send, those who really are madly in love with him, him being their first love. Those he can trust to do his bidding, acording only to his thoughts and ways, those who love him with all their heart all their strength, and all theri minds. May the Lord bring us to such a place, where he is our all an all.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2009 12:53 AM

Lifethat wins,

You are so correct in the definitions of a missionary and an apostle. The journey's God sent Paul on when he first came into ministry were call missionary trips or journeys.

As I always say, Many are called, but only a few are chosen. Becasue there are not many people who will make the sacrifice God calls upon us to make to go do His work fulfilling the Great Commission. Too many say, they will go and when they are called to go, and the many examples in the gospels of those who wanted to follow Jesus, yet when He told them to come, follow me, one man had to go bury his relative, another had to go say goodbye to freinds and family, and on and on.

It takes a very special kind of person with spiritual toughness on the inner side to be sent out as a missionary, and who is willing to forsake self and everything you think you own... LOL... And the other side of the coin is that God calls us ALL to GO... But there aren't many who will lay down personal self, and pick up their cross and follow Christ. Our life time experiences prepares us for all kinds of missions work to go, even in the neighborhoods, and many still don't go there... and Those who can't go, should support those who are sent forth by God to go. However, there are some who do, and some don't even care.

Yes, missionary work is topline work... because the person is sent forth by and of God, to do a work that Jesus already has commissioned.... and I love my missionary work...

ella

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2009 01:00 AM

As God gave forth the mission call:

"WHOM SHALL I SEND? AND WHO WILL GO FOR US?"...

We all should be like Isaiah, who answered:

"HERE AM I! ... SEND ME."...

lifethatwins

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2009 03:12 PM

Why have they fallen asleep why is it they dont care. For at least 20 years of my lilfe as a believer no one told me the full gospel, they told me that he was my saviour, but they never told me when presenting the gospel, you must yielding your whole life to him , so he can change what he deisires every thought every intent where in reality more and more it is no longer I but Christ. Yes they should go, but understand this is the whole gospel isnt presented at the same time. all you make is baby christians, and never will they be the overcomers he is so desirious of. To he that overcomes. so for a good while I have been telling people the whole thing, when I first started, hardly anyone was sharing this, now about half who have talked to know. He is indeed comiing back for a church without spot and wrinkle and I plan on being ready and making shure those who I share with are also.

lifethatwins

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2009 03:37 PM

And what if he send you here. the church, the world , the United States is also in need of the turth as seen in the eyes of Jesus Christ, what of the ppor and down trodden here. Many say oh there being taken care of. Alas alas they are far from being taken care of. Who shall he send , send me to the brokenhearted send me to the downtrodden, send me to the poor, Lord of all Lords send me''''''

Page : 1 2 3 4