Author Thread: The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven
KindHeartedWoman8

View Profile
History
The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven
Posted : 24 May, 2012 09:12 PM

Great book i just started reading. I couldn't put it down the last two nights. If you like to read about Miracles and Angels this is one for you.:angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 May, 2012 05:39 PM

I think you are reading rather alot into the silver cord reference! Theres no mention in that specific text, or anywhere else in the bible about what you have stated as being correct.

As christians we should be highly suspicious of these so called books-in many instances they contradict and add to what scripture has plainly told us about heaven.

Also, why publish a book? Why not just put this information on the net for all to view it freely if these people claim this is of God?

Out of interest, what was this theology course you attended, and who was presenting it?

KindHeartedWoman8

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 May, 2012 05:52 PM

They did put the information on a Blog as it was happening.

Ive experienced it that's how I know its real.There is a whole spiritual world out there that many don't believe exists. That has nothing to do with any book written.

We read Renewal Theology -systematic Theology from a Charismatic Perspective by J.Rodman Williams. The Pastor of a Church I was apart of.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 May, 2012 08:41 PM

I dont disagree that there is a spiritual world-all I am saying is that any book/experience MUST line up with scripture, and much of what is being published in this area of supposed death experiences doesn't.

The problem lies in the fact that too many people, usually biblically illiterate, will believe anything they read. As I have stated, the bible is sufficient for all knowledge on spiritual matters-we don't need anything else.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 May, 2012 01:57 AM

" Oh Well personally for me I wouldn�t be giving my opinion unless I actually read the book."

Really, so you've never judged that a book would not be what Christ would want you to read and decided against reading it? You've never said, "That book looks stupid so I'm not going to read it"? I don't buy that, sorry. I have no problem saying that I don't have to always read a book to give an opinion and if you were honest, you'd admit the samw.

"Really there�s no humor in this story. I felt we weren�t alone in the room. Have you ever experienced anything with angels or spirits/demons etc??"

Right...so you base this off of a feeling, which is about what I expected.

"It relates to the fact her brother seen her traveling outside the window of the car in route to the hospital. It relates to her spirit. Astral Projection. IF you read the part in the book the boy doing this you would know what I was talking about!"

Yea so the brother says this happened. People say lots of things. What troubles me is that you seem to eat up everything in the book as fact, with no reason for doing so.

"I didn�t say it was a new thing! I said I experienced it . This relates to Angels which the book talks about."

You haven't experience going to heaven and back

"I don�t know why it happens only God knows he is all-knowing I am not, neither are you!"

Neither do you know THAT it happens

"But they do and I read it. There are many other things that lead others astray�drugs, money, idols. I would be more concerned of those things then a book about a child that almost died from a car accident. "

I wouldn't...any idol is a bad idol.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 May, 2012 02:00 AM

"Well anyone has the right to publish a book. But let me say this even if they made 2 million off the book. The child's medical expenses were over that the first year after the accident. So they are not making money living the high life..believe me they seem more concerned of the things of God and their son! "

But this misses the point doesn't it? They shouldn't be doing it for money at all....if indeed they are. Sorry but if they came up with this great hoax to pay for medical bills and to break even...it would still be an evil reason

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 May, 2012 02:07 AM

"Ive experienced it that's how I know its real.There is a whole spiritual world out there that many don't believe exists. That has nothing to do with any book written."

The spiritual world exists as God defines it. We aren't having conversations with the dead and what not. You remind me of (can't remember her name)Sylvia Brown or something like that...most of this spiritual talk is not Godly...The scriptures are about Christ.

One doctrine the Church has lost is the SUFFICIENCY of scripture. Most believe it to be inerrant now(well sort of) but so few believe it to be suffiicient.

KindHeartedWoman8

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 May, 2012 10:04 AM

Holdingouthope- No bc I don�t judge a book by its cover! :laugh:

"Really there�s no humor in this story. I felt we weren�t alone in the room. Have you ever experienced anything with angels or spirits/demons etc??"

Right...so you base this off of a feeling, which is about what I expected.

You didn�t answer my question. How do you know that feeling wasn�t the Holy Spirit?? The Bible talks about Angels,demons and heaven.

****Yea so the brother says this happened. People say lots of things. What troubles me is that you seem to eat up everything in the book as fact, with no reason for doing so.

The brother did tell me things on more than one occasion that I believe were true. He also was special needs he had a inoperable brain tumor.

To me Most of it is fact. Maybe there is some stuff added to make it sound better when it was edited. But I do know and have first hand experience with able what this family was going through.

****You haven't experience going to heaven and back

No but I did with Angels and Demons. :angel::devil:

All I�m saying Holdinouthope is I have experienced with other children some of the things that happened in this book. I�m not some weirdo person believing in things not Scriptural. You made a strong defense.

:yay:

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 May, 2012 11:24 AM

"Holdingouthope- No bc I don�t judge a book by its cover!"

That's just a cliche. We all judge that we will not read certain books for whatever reason.

"You didn�t answer my question. How do you know that feeling wasn�t the Holy Spirit?? The Bible talks about Angels,demons and heaven."

Hod do you know it wasn't a demon?

"The brother did tell me things on more than one occasion that I believe were true. He also was special needs he had a inoperable brain tumor."

Yes but this doesn't mean anything

"To me Most of it is fact. Maybe there is some stuff added to make it sound better when it was edited. But I do know and have first hand experience with able what this family was going through."

To you most of it is fact, but you weren't there. You say it's mostly fact because you want to believe it. All you have to go on is what is said, so you cannot call it fact. If anything was added to make something sound better then the whole thing is tainted. Why would they need to make it sound better? You seem to act as if you don't have a problem with them adding something that didn't happen...simply because you like this kind of story.

"No but I did with Angels and Demons"

You did what with angels and demons?

"All I�m saying Holdinouthope is I have experienced with other children some of the things that happened in this book. I�m not some weirdo person believing in things not Scriptural. You made a strong defense."

None of those include going to heaven do they?

KindHeartedWoman8

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 May, 2012 06:39 PM

****Hod do you know it wasn't a demon?

Because I can discern between an angel and demon.

"No but I did with Angels and Demons"

*****You did what with angels and demons?

Experienced them.

*** You seem to act as if you don't have a problem with them adding something that didn't happen...simply because you like this kind of story.

Now you are judging me. I didn�t say I liked them editing the book either way.

Dont ask me anymore questions unless you answer mine!:bouncy:

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 May, 2012 07:46 PM

No but you did praise the book even though you admit that they may have added things that are untrue...

Page : 1 2 3