Author Thread: My Son's Acceptance
Admin

My Son's Acceptance
Posted : 26 Jun, 2012 05:08 AM

My boys were raised on Christian morals and values, in church and at home. One of the principles I taught my oldest son, was not to make fun of other kids if they were different. I would point out things such as, if they have a big nose (in a gentle way to where he knew I wasn't making fun myself, not with laughter, just giving him a "for instance"), or if they were different than him, not to tease them, but be good to them. He never did make fun of other kids or tease them, but here's a little something I've never forgotten about that lesson I taught him.

When my son was in elementary school, he came home one day and was telling me about a new student that had started going to his school, and the boy was in his class. He told me that the little boy had had unfortunate circumstances, and was from a different country if I recall correctly. He had come to the states to have surgery because of an accident. He went on to tell me how the class worked with him, and taught him some English, things like that. I heard good things about how my son's class was so good to this little boy.

One day I went on a field trip with my son and his class. We got on the school bus to leave, and my son pointed out the little boy. He had never said a word about the boy's appearance...I like to think it was because of the lesson I had taught him. ....I had no idea the little boy's face had been burned in a fire. My son may have mentioned the fire, but never a word was said about the little boy's face. My son didn't go into detail and say the little boy was badly burned.

My son is a very likable person. Both of my boys are. My oldest son has had experiences that I know the Lord used him in. Of course the years have gone by, and my son is close to graduating college. He works and goes to school, and is a good Christian young man. He has told me on a couple of occasions that on his way to work, there was a homeless man who would stand on the side of the road with his sign saying something to the effect of "Will work for food." My son passed this gentleman by one day, and felt bad for it. He prayed Lord, if you'll give me the opportunity I'll help the next one. And he did. There was another homeless gentleman down the road. My son gave him some money. On another occasion, my son had gone to McDonalds and had an extra cheeseburger so as he saw one of the homeless gentlemen, he stopped and gave the man the cheeseburger....and added a Gideon's bible in the bag.

After my and my boys' dad divorced, we several of us were having a conversation about the Lord. My youngest son came to me and asked about being a Christian. I took him in the other room, and helped him pray and he became a Christian that day. He asked, "Am I supposed to feel different?"......because he did. I know that feeling. It's with emotion this morning that I remember that day and praying with my youngest son.

It's all GOD!!! He deserves all the glory. All the praise. He deserves to be magnified, worshipped and praised. God is good!!! ......All the time.