Author Thread: Atlas Shrugged
Admin

Atlas Shrugged
Posted : 6 Jul, 2012 09:27 PM

I recently started getting into "reading" audiobooks. I like to have something going on while I'm working on my computer. I had finally been able to add this classic to my collection.

I have been wanting to read Atlas Shrugged for a really long time. The "book" itself is 50 CDs long and over 60 hours, so I can only imagine how big the book would be. While I'm still only about half way through Part II, I can saely say that it's a great book and I can't wait to read Ayn Rand's other books as well.

I haven't added a favorite (classic) author to my lists since I added Rudyard Kipling when I was about 10. I had read many of the classis novels by many famous authors for many years, but none of of them have inspired me since Kipling. Now, I can happily add one today.

I've had several, more modern authors that have been on my favorites list, but it's nice to read the books from an era before myself. Especially when you see that the strains of life are the same in any day.

View Profile
History
Atlas Shrugged
Posted : 12 Sep, 2012 08:18 PM

I read Atlas Shrugged several years ago. It was an interesting book. I read it in just 2 weeks. That was record time for me. I've never read such a long book in such a short time!