Author Thread: Questions about the mode of warfare
Admin

Questions about the mode of warfare
Posted : 14 Aug, 2012 12:11 PM

Hey I am a history buff and one of my interest is about wars. My question is how has the way warfare is conducted changed? Like from World War Two to the Present?

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2012 02:21 AM

Yes and no. I can't give specific examples relating from WW2 to the present, but I can give examples from ancient history and its relevance to modern warfare today. Would you prefer that?

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Oct, 2012 07:59 AM

seems the only choices You had in days past was,be drafted,or consciensiously object.....

now days it seems kill people for a college education?

Your choice....

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Oct, 2012 09:05 AM

Peace nic,

Bet your one of the ones that spits at us and shots birds at my " Brothers -in Arms " returning as well ?

Men serve...at least from traditional American standards, for many reasons. Bottom line; IF it is from a point that we, who dared to risk all for " FREEDOM ", Not only was it and shall always be, a most noble endeavor....but one of Honor.

Remember, We did not sign up & put our boots on the line because we hated our adversary in front of us......nearly as much as what we loved that we defended that was behind us !

9-11. We remember & we'll never forget !

Tem Plar

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Nov, 2012 08:29 AM

Tem Plar beg Your wrong actually liked the boots.

what saddens about the warfare of theses day is ,

fighting over STUFF?

oil,opium,easements....

and then of course the psychwars,

homelessness,poverty,illiteracy,hunger...

they have a chance of defending themselves?

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Feb, 2013 09:24 PM

politics is politics.. I dont speak for everyone in the service but i just follow my orders, my only goals are to ge from point A to point B and keep the peace inbetween. Warfare has changed in many ways, including rules of engagement, weapon systems, and location.

not to mention the reasons..

I fight to keep my family and friends safe along with my country :)

I have deployed 3 times overseas as a 11B (Infantry)

dunravin

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Nov, 2013 01:06 AM

Be very clear on the new military systems. As a man of a different generation service was seen as a value. A value incorporating many other values...honour...dignity...truth...justice...courage.....patriotism...and so many values have changed since the second World War...We all hear the clamour of the proud.... to have served and bless you for your service...mere platitudes...defending the country...fighting for freedom...freedom isn't free...again mere platitudes...America does not rule the free world ...Americans have a very convoluted sense of world affairs and a very limited knowledge of the US governments' perfidity in relation to wars and police actions it engages in. The rest of the world does not see American intervention in many other nations affairs as honourable...or victorious...or courageous...or even patriotic. Many other nations are filled with the fervour of patriotism and their service personnel serve with the same considerations as US service men and women. The belief system is different. American nationalism is not seen in the rest of the world as a value but rather as a system of international enslavement to the US system of social indoctrination. I have served in the military services of two other nations as an active duty officer and I do not bear any malice toward any enemy. They had their belief system and I had mine. God does not bless the bullets of one nation over any other nor the soldier of one system over another. War is simply a horror that is inflicted upon the civilian populace and that war is conducted in the name of world peace. This is the great contradiction that one system of government should rule over all the other nations of this planet peacefully. Jesus said of war...pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Nov, 2013 04:53 PM

Service in the US military is still seen as honor and value and integrity. Do all serve that way? No, but the majority do. Do we anger our allies sometimes? Yes but we anger our enemies even more...and yet, we will help rebuild the countries destroyed by war.

We rely on our allies...more and more. We give of our time when we are in war zones to the civilians affected...rebuild schools, places of worship, hospitals, etc. our allies do to.

Many people from other nations still risk life to ghetto America...despite all our problems, issues, and bad reputation, we still are often the destination of choice for those fleeing their countries.

I believe the dislike should be aimed at the politicians...the military goes where it's told, serves in the capacity the politicians negotiate, and leave whether the job is finished because of political decisions.

We love our country just like you love your country.

Jesus did not do a way with war...as long as there is sin on earth, there will be evil leaders who want to take over other countries and spread fear and tyranny. As much as possible we should live peaceably with all men...sometimes we have to stand up and fight for what is right.

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Nov, 2013 04:55 PM

** still risk lives to get to America...