Author Thread: sex outside of marriage
INHIMALONEISTAND

View Profile
History
sex outside of marriage
Posted : 21 Aug, 2012 10:34 AM

So my question to all of you is this... As Christians, are we not to wait for marriage before having sex? I have known many men, (not saying it is only men who think this way) who claim to be Christian men but think it is ok to have sex outside of marriage. So with that said what do you think? Here is some scripture to read and then think about....

For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God. ~1Thesalonians 4:3-5~

I know many do not believe this to hold true anymore or they think it is only for the young children and youth but it is true for us adults also! Jesus said He is the same yesterday, today, and forever so why wouldn't His Word hold true even today?

share1033

View Profile
History
sex outside of marriage
Posted : 21 Aug, 2012 05:16 PM

I agree. God wants us to wait til we are married. Having been married three times as a nonchristian I find satin trying to pull me back to old ways which I now realize to be wrong. I think it is him working in christians that feel pulled that way also. We need to stick to our guns and demand God's way.

View Profile
History
sex outside of marriage
Posted : 22 Aug, 2012 12:37 AM

Many men that contact me on here feel it is Ok to date; meaning having Sex while dating.

I Corinthians 6 chapter

Says to Glorify God in your body; flee fornication.

The bed is for marriage. But try telling some of these men

that. lol Sad...

Apostelle

View Profile
History
sex outside of marriage
Posted : 24 Aug, 2012 09:38 AM

Not all men believe sex before marriage, or outside of marriage, is ok. Many believe that it is a sin.

View Profile
History
sex outside of marriage
Posted : 9 Sep, 2012 08:47 AM

Apostelle

It would be GREAT if more of those Moral Men would be on these Christian sites.

God is not pleased with Fornicators; his Word speaks out against that; and if Believers study the scripture they would know this. Yet they look for a partner through Chemistry

and sex.

marianna34

View Profile
History
sex outside of marriage
Posted : 28 Sep, 2012 05:56 AM

A lot of christians think it is OK to have a sexual relationship before marriage,their excuse is we love each other and God knows it,why not show it to each other?

We can try to change what the bible says to make ourselves fell better,but it doesn't change God.

I believe if a man who is in Christ truly loves me,will know this and will never even tempt me into going to bed with me before we say I do.

Men change and have flaws,not God!

Apostelle

View Profile
History
sex outside of marriage
Posted : 28 Sep, 2012 03:17 PM

In those cases, they are confusing lust with love.

View Profile
History
sex outside of marriage
Posted : 3 Oct, 2012 04:14 PM

Large percentage of men I met on Christian sites believe in sex before marriage. It comes out in converstation shortly after the friendship starts online. I move On.

When In Christ, they should know this is not appropriate.

marianna34

View Profile
History
sex outside of marriage
Posted : 9 Oct, 2012 01:19 PM

Very true Apostelle!

View Profile
History
sex outside of marriage
Posted : 16 Oct, 2012 05:35 PM

The ONLY time sexual, physical contact is allowed is with in the Marriage of two, opposite sex, Lawfully ( Promise before God ) married, Adult humans.

IF you have a relationship with someone who professes Christ and they believe that sex outside of marriage is " O.K. " you are setting yourself up to be joined with an individual who WILL justify cheating.

Just based on my own years of being around several Police /military type shrinks and christian counselors.

Respectfully, Templar

p.s. YES, when man and woman have any type of " wedding " even if they do not believe in the God or they have a pagan god...they ARE still bound by God's laws of being Married.

Ednajackie

View Profile
History
sex outside of marriage
Posted : 29 Oct, 2012 05:34 AM

Am glad to know that majority of us know that the word of God regarding sexual purity is Yes and Amen.

its written that Temptati�n is driven by our own desires leading to sin.

To all of us, we are not supposed to indulge into sexual relations before we get married. Why, it is written.

Page : 1 2