Author Thread: Self employed (A conveinent desguise)for what???
Admin

Self employed (A conveinent desguise)for what???
Posted : 11 Nov, 2007 05:41 AM

Ladies---Waist no time...Weed 'em out!

I don't enjoy waisting my time---glad I caught on when I did.

When I put my profile together, I was honest right down to every last word I wrote.

Met this guy and he states that he is Self employed...only to find out that yes, he spends 8hrs M-F volunteering but then when you ask, ok---so what is your paid job-----with a reply that they do odd jobs. COME ON--GET REAL. Do you think i'm really going to fall for that...So, if you spend 8 hrs. volunteering, what kind of time do you put into working for pay? At this point i'm not at all interested but please, the bible speaks on "DECEPTION". Does anyone really think that i'm about to fall in love with this, marry this and financially support this while he's out there working 8 hrs. a day? Thank you oh Lord for DISCERNMENT...

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Nov, 2007 08:40 PM

haha self employed is a tricky concept... to believe them or not to believe them eh? lol if there are honestly self-employed fella's out there, they should be more descriptive... ex. "self-employed *business owner" or "self-employed *bum" just so you know ;) honesty is the best policy!

have a fantastic day!

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2007 09:29 AM

I guess I need to think about changing my career... I didn't realize there was such a stigma attached to owning my business. While there may be some sarcasm in my response, there's also a little bit of gratitude as it is helpful to know what others may not be saying.

Angellove

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2007 09:09 PM

I came across your forum and i want to say something. i guess this guy says he is self employed is because he thought you might not like him if you find out the truth . Donot see it as bad view only but if this guy have other good qualities then its good. Trust me you will not find a perfect person. Its not deception but i see it has hiding himself and he hides it is because he will not feel inferior but also there is no perfect person so if he have other qualities try to see that before ignoring him :)

Bless ya

MJ4Him

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2007 09:41 PM

Although I can see marialinpa's point, I must say, hats off to Angelove. I guess I'm a bit naive, but I tend to think along the same lines...

Maybe a guy who is between jobs and is doing odd jobs would list self employment, or any number of reasons one might do that. But once messages and chats are exchanged, the mask should come off and he/she should be completely upfront.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2008 09:14 AM

sometimes men are not confident with themselves and they need a shield long enough for a woman to get to know whats in his heart.Especially if he thinks the woman is out of his league.But their is the scams too,you should give every one a chance because its the right thing to do.

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Apr, 2009 02:44 PM

He might be telling the truth. I'm self-employed, but I am looking for a second job.