Author Thread: Profile content
Admin

Profile content
Posted : 2 Jan, 2013 09:37 PM

I don't understand....as I'm going through profiles, they all seem to be the same. I'd say 9 out of 10 men talk about what they've accomplished (job promotions) and what they have (car, house, money) and none of them talk about what's most important, who they are in Christ. Why do I care what you have or what job promotions you've gotten or how much money you made? When you die none of that will matter, why don't you tell me what Christ has done for you and what you have done for Christ? Is there anyone left who's in love with Jesus just waiting to find someone to serve Jesus with them and by their side? When we die, our possessions, job promotions, and bank accounts won't matter. I'm ready to delete this thing because I can't seem to find anyone who's in love with Jesus and excited to serve Him. Is there anyone out there who's not ashamed of Jesus and excited to tell someone how much Jesus loves them??

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Profile content
Posted : 2 Jan, 2013 10:23 PM

Well, other than the fact that men in our culture are constantly beaten over the head with the idea that women won't think much of them if they don't achieve business success and acquire stuff, the truth is that people are overwhelmingly unoriginal. Women's profiles are probably just as useless as men's, if not more so. As much as we would like to think that we are unique individuals, we aren't.

View Profile
History
Profile content
Posted : 3 Jan, 2013 03:59 AM

Yes, there are.

View Profile
History
Profile content
Posted : 3 Jan, 2013 05:31 AM

That's my point exactly.......When are men going to stop listening and living by the world's standards and start living by God's standards. Are men so afraid they won't find a wife that they step down to the world's level to get one? And I might add that it's rare that any of those men ever give God the praise for the things they have or have done.

View Profile
History
Profile content
Posted : 3 Jan, 2013 10:25 AM

But can you just say men? Or is it women as well. I'll be honest, my profile mostly talks about my personality. And I have actually seen a few different profile with men saying that God is their everything. We may be looking for different men, but I haven't gotten the same result.

I have found a lot a people LACKING personality though...

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Profile content
Posted : 3 Jan, 2013 11:51 AM

When are men going to stop listening and living by the world's standards and start living by God's standards?

You say that like women have that whole thing handled and men are the only ones who struggle in that arena.

View Profile
History
Profile content
Posted : 3 Jan, 2013 11:56 AM

I don't mean that at all.....I'm talking about this site, I don't look at women's profiles, I look at men's. And it's frustrating to see man after man after man talk about what tangible things they have yet no one talks about what they've done for Christ. I'm dying to find just one person who's so in love with Jesus that nothing else in this world matters, not possessions, job titles or bank accounts.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
History
Profile content
Posted : 4 Jan, 2013 03:53 PM

it's not like all christian women are so caught up in a man's faith that they don't care about his finances either

http://www.christiandatingforfree.com/cdff/CDFF_generic/forum/forum_details.php?topic_id=16511&forum_sub_cat_id=10

joshv1987

View Profile
History
Profile content
Posted : 6 Jan, 2013 07:37 PM

it is not only Men that stoop to those levels. many women also practice worldly traditions to find a husband. in North America specifically, many women and men strive to achieve a "t.v" body with an open sexuality in hopes of getting a husband.

My point is most men and women practice bogus traditions that are frankly quite enoying

View Profile
History
Profile content
Posted : 6 Jan, 2013 10:43 PM

Women are said to want security in a relationship.

Having some assets and a being a rising star in the work force would seemingly fulfill this desire.

I used my profile to primarily describe who I am and what I am looking for in a mate.

I drive a car that is a notch above a clunker(discourages theft, you see) and am not making millions. I guess I'm out of the norm!

View Profile
History
Profile content
Posted : 7 Jan, 2013 04:57 PM

To be fair I'll take the faith first. Mostly people are looking at eachother now from a weird point of view, this is the internet and most of the profiles are there in a way to explain a person in a paragraph or two, sometimes not even one sentence.

People put out what they believe will reel in the most results, sometimes they forget that they should put out what will find them the right person. I preferably look for profiles where the man is praising God, or shows he's family oriented or something of that manner. The truth is that it's hard to tell a person heart, their personality through a computer screen when you think of all the connections that are missing.

Page : 1 2