Author Thread: What makes me so amazing to non-believers but christian guys tend to loose intrest?
Kspang22

View Profile
History
What makes me so amazing to non-believers but christian guys tend to loose intrest?
Posted : 20 Mar, 2009 12:18 AM

I know i am still very young and have a lot to learn so i thought i would ask all you awesome guys out there.

Bit of basic info about me. I have been a christian since i was 8. recomited when i was 12 and really learned what it was to live for God and have been growing in my faith ever since. I have been in two "relationships". Once with a believe but not a practicer ( reason why it ended) and another time with a morman. I consider myself non-denominational. We had very similiar ideals and values. Not completely the same but we had a great connection. Sadly i didnt gaurd my heart well enough (hey a chance to learn right) and the young man shattered it.

Okay so i am not here to talk about my relationships just thats what i felt you might need to know in order to answer the question.

So on with the question i am sure your ready lol. So i have had serveral young men all very nice but not believers either confess to liking me or in one case even being in love with me. But none of them follow christ. Saldy i have never had a christian guy say anything like that to me.Even guys i have known from church for years. (other then boyfriend #2)

Why are guys who dont love God so into me and wanting to have a relationship with me while christian guys are not? I am not willing to settle and i dont think thats a bad thing.

I hope i have made sense in this rant.

View Profile
History
What makes me so amazing to non-believers but christian guys tend to loose intrest?
Posted : 20 Mar, 2009 05:59 AM

Kspang22

In my opinion and from reading your profile it seems that you have more non-christian friends then christian friends. Most non-christian guys today are looking for a relationship that noncomitted by both parties, thus your not looking to settle down quite yet from what I understand. It makes it alot easier to justify sexual immorality and other worldly sins that God opposes.

I believe that if you find more christian guys that are really on fire for God you will start to see a shift. The Bible tells us not to be yoked together with unbelievers for what do we have in common? God knows that them relationship usually end in diaster and He wants to protect us. Well, I hope this helped you out.

Your brother in Christ,

Travis

Kspang22

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2009 06:56 AM

you would be right. i have a lot of non believer freinds, but i do have a lot of friends that are christians too. And a few are even guys my age yet none of them have ever been interested in me as more thn friends.

i seek only to praise the lord and love him first.I know in his timing the right man will come long.

The guys that have all expresed intrest in me are all really great guys i know they ont want to have sex they really do want a relationship thats healthy. but i tried the whole dating a non chrisitan and iy was not a good deal. so not going there again.

I am just curious why so many good duys are interested but good christian guys are not its not from a lack of being around them.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2009 07:50 AM

Even before I was a christian I wanted to date christian women. You can see a since of purity and joy in them that you do not have and you want it. Though that will not generally bring them to Christ. They will usually hunger for the chance to be the one to take that purity and then once they have it will begin to loose interest and begin looking for a girl more pure. They see God in you but don't know what they are looking at. The bible specifically warns of this very thing I think it was in proverbs. Can't remember.

Kspang22

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2009 11:42 AM

wow thank you that really made sense. It seems like they all ask a lot of questions about my faith and everything but no one has made the move to make changes in there lives. I will just keep praying and loving on them i guess :) becasue i do love them all very ,uch as friends.

thanks

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2009 10:36 PM

Tay that makes a lot of sense and I believe I have heard that as well. I agree.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2009 08:44 AM

While I can't comment on other replies here.. when I saw pictures of you wielding weapons designed to kill I didn't have to read further.

Some of us do not believe in weapons designed only to kill. We have supermarkets to buy food, and the earth to grow food. No reason to shed blood anymore regarding food unless it's all one knows how to do in order to eat and survive, or collecting dead stuffed animals is a hobby.

As far as believing in them(guns) for self defense.. just remember one thing.. if you ever have to use one and take anothers life.. they never have a chance to repent and turn to Jesus which is what God prefers over a human stealing that life out of Gods hands for whatever reason. I'm not saying let people beat you up and hurt you, but learn some self defense and you won't ever need a weapon like a gun. They are the worst invention ever made.

God bless.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2009 11:29 AM

I am sorry you feel that way about guns. It is going to be very hard for you in a few years when the tribulation period starts. Not only will you have to protect your family, you will have to feed them, and you will not be able to use those food markets unless you take the mark. Before you get on your high horse, try using your head for a few minutes.

And if you are one of those who think you are going to be raptured before all this happens...I am sorry, you should have read your whole Bible. No one is going anywhere until the anti Christ is revealed, and that is half way through the tribulation period. Jesus said, Immediately following the tribulations of that time, He would return. We will be here, get ready. He also said, he who endures to the end will be saved.

Blessings,

Leon

Buffaloroams

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2009 07:34 PM

Wow Jesus is King.

That reply was so totally inappropriate and judgemental.

I am not sure who you are even referring to but I would say you might want to check into your motives.

God Bless

Kspang22

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2009 07:42 PM

wow not sure how that sparked gun convo i mean you probably should have sent that as a private message to me. just saying my opnion.

For me , i do plan to get my concield licens, and i do like guns, and i believe greatly in the second amendment.

However My biggest reason is for the safty of children. If i was ever in a situation where where a chold was being the subject of violence i would use my weapon as soon as the chance and timing was correct. I also believe gun where invented by God just as swords and sling shots.

I do agree to take another life would be hard and that i agree God very much would rather that person change their life, but God is altimatly the person in control of if they die or not .

I dont have time to rant more but I would like to just finssh for now by saying gun saftey traing and knowing any weapon you come incontact with is vital!

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2009 10:01 PM

Hello Everyone, :waving:

JesusIsMyKing,

First, I'd just like to say that you totally have the right to any opinion you wish to have. I mean that sincerely. However, please recognize that you have that right due, in part, to guns. Also, just as an FYI, the second amendment was created as part of a system of checks and balances just in case the people have to overthrow or defend themselves against the government.

K,

I think it's wonderful how you can balance your ballet and all your other interests along with your target shooting. Does it bring you symmetry?

Although I wish it weren't true, I also agree with Leon. I know it might sound ecentric, but I believe we should all start growing our own vegetables and other things to prepare to be self-sufficient. I'm going to stop now before everyone starts thinking I'm a lunatic! LOL!

God be with us all,

Tandy

Page : 1 2 3