Scott

View Profile
History
Global Warming
Posted : 28 Nov, 2007 06:19 AM

I don't believe in it.

There is a site that further explains why I feel this way:

http://www.icecap.us/

Joe D'Aleo(a k a Dr. Dewpoint) has been studying meteorology and climatology for over 30 years and has some good insights about oscillation patterns.....

Take a look, and I guarantee you that it's not a fighting match. :boxing:

BenMac

View Profile
History
Global Warming
Posted : 4 Feb, 2008 03:18 PM

The warming and cooling cycles are quite normal for the earth.

It is just like how the magnetic poles of the earth changing over time. You heard it right, the poles of the earth change, I saw a show on NOVA about it.

People believing that thay make such a big difference on the earth is just proof of how we search to be more powerful than we are.

One volcano puts out more junk than anything we can put out.

Everything has its season.

creationist

View Profile
History
Global Warming
Posted : 6 Aug, 2008 07:07 PM

I agree guys... I don't believe in global warming (earth worship) either. Last I heard, our atmosphere has what... something like .0038% CO2 in it? Now isn't that relatively... miniscule? More CO2 means the trees and plants grow more rapidly and larger... and trees require CO2 in order live and to produce a byproduct - O2, which, hehe, humans and animals and insects require to breathe! God set up the world as a finely-tuned system, and yes... cycles.

So nah, hahaha, I don't fall for the global warming nonsense. Seems like a control-mechanism to me.

View Profile
History
Global Warming
Posted : 22 Feb, 2009 12:40 AM

One thing to note, COLDEST WINTER ON RECORD

eraser322

View Profile
History
Global Warming
Posted : 23 Mar, 2009 01:17 PM

"Global Warming" is on the same level as "Intelligent Design" =Pseudo-science.

The arrogance and ignorance of Global warming supporters is astounding. The debate really is about three things.

1. Is man causing the Earth to warm?

2. Pollution.

3. Can man survive climate change?

First we have only been able to accurately read temperature for about 125 years. Yes of course the temperature is rising, it has been rising since the last Ice Age about 10,000 years ago "Which we were here for." The Earth appears to go through cycles; the ice caps will melt to a point. It will cool the oceans reducing the temperature until ice starts to grow again. So on and so forth.

Second yes pollution is bad. "Don't urinate in my well�. We are in a cancer epidemic! One in two men will die of cancer! This is directly related to petroleum! Fuel, plastics, chemicals, pesticides, ect. I have been looking at converting one of my cars to electric, not because I'm a tree hugging hippy but to save money and not funding the enemies of my country.

Third we've made it this far. I live near the water I know that it could flood for a multitude of reasons. We have survived worse; people are just going to have to realize that stuff can happen. Polar-shifts, warming, cooling, asteroid collisions whatever. Get over it.

eraser322

View Profile
History
Global Warming
Posted : 23 Mar, 2009 01:22 PM

The get over it part was directed into Global-warmingist.:winksmile:

View Profile
History
Global Warming
Posted : 15 May, 2009 09:43 PM

well, i think the broader issue is not whether we humans can survive the climate change. it's the ecological issues and their unforseen consequences. the loss of keystone species will devestate the entire world. we may lose entire ecosystems.

i also want my children to be able to experience seeing animals in their natural habitats. i want to be able to study the phenomenal creatures of the rainforests.

View Profile
History
Global Warming
Posted : 22 Oct, 2009 08:03 PM

http://www.globalwarminghoax.com/news.php

creationist

View Profile
History
Global Warming
Posted : 30 Jul, 2011 01:07 PM

LOL, no. No, I don't quite think global warming and intelligent design are on the same level, as to call them both pseudo-sciences. Isn't that insulting, to God? Is God not intelligent? Did God not design and create the entire universe? Wouldn't that be.... intelligent... design? Doesn't it take intelligent design for me to even type a sentence that can be read?

scienceGeek

View Profile
History
Global Warming
Posted : 23 Aug, 2011 08:45 PM

I am not a scientist; I am merely a former science teacher with a BS in biology. I believe:

1. the average surface temp of the Earth is RISING;

2. this is partly but significantly due to HUMAN GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS;

3. we need to change our behavior to avoid some of the worst consequences; and

4. this is an ETHICAL ISSUE that Christians should care about!!

Don't take my word for it. "97% of climate experts think humans are causing global warming." Here are links to what most scientists say:

1. This is from the 2007 report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change:

Climate Change 2007: Working Group I:

"The Physical Science Basis"-- "Summary for Policymakers":

www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/wg1/en/spm.html

2. If you think Climate Change will only have good effects, I recommend reading a summary of the IPCC Working Group II:

Climate Change 2007: Working Group II:

"Impacts, Adaption and Vulnerability Contents"--

Summary for Policymakers:

www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/wg2/en/spm.html

3. AAAS Board Statement on Climate Change

(American Association for the Advancement of Science)

9 December 2006

www.aaas.org/news/press_room/climate_change

/mtg_200702/aaas_climate_statement.pdf

4. American Geophysical Union Position Statement:

"Human Impacts on Climate"

Revised and Reaffirmed December 2007

www.agu.org/sci_pol/positions/climate_change2008.shtml

Do I think everyone will read this and realize Climate Change is a real problem? No. Forgive me for being so blunt, but people are emotional and somewhat irrational. We sometimes disregard solid science when it conflicts with what we want to believe.

We can thank Exxon-Mobil and non-scientist ideologues on the radio for misinforming the public about this serious issue.

View Profile
History
Global Warming
Posted : 26 Apr, 2015 06:49 PM

Lots of people not buying into the global warming myth - great!