Author Thread: it's not important....it's the only way!
Admin

it's not important....it's the only way!
Posted : 20 Apr, 2013 11:17 AM

the trouble is finding those who actually are Christian gals.I find many more who are far from.Your label doesn't make you Christian...His label does! Only time reveals His presence.Don't be so quick to judge one way or another!

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 May, 2013 09:17 AM

I couldn't agree with you more

Lukia

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 May, 2013 03:26 AM

I agree with you Mike.

It is the only way.

Find someone who,not only is he a christian but one who loves God and has the fear of God in Him.

That assures happiness.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 May, 2013 04:18 AM

Their is such a grand diversity of well intended christian people as their is the diversity of the human race. Only God knows who is written in the book of life.

So the question is.........How do I find a mate suitable for me?

We must know and be honest with our selves first. We must know what we can accept and what we can not accept.

Anyone can be a reader of the bible, anyone can be a attender of church, anyone can be a praying individual.

But the determining factor really is FAITH. Some walk by faith and trust God more and some are more imature in their faith.

Faith determins if we are going to be able to over come anxiety and fear and trust God. Or are we in our anxiety and fear try to controll a situation on our own.

Faith or lack of faith is what causes divisions in decision making. Faith is the foundation of our lives. But faith is relational to who God is. Knowing God creates faith in us. Because knowing God enables us to trust God and trusting God is faith.

Many christians are activity driven christians and not God relationship christians. These activity driven christians could never live in harmony with a God relationship christian.

And a mature christian with a God relationship could never live in harmony with a imature God relationship christian.

This is what Jesus practically ment by being equally yoked. This is what it looks like and one should know their selves and look towards and pray for Gods provision in providing a mate they can relate with in their faith.

Make this your focus and you will find your soul mate.

Gardenia

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2013 07:22 PM

Hi Mike, it's a great question and I think anybody who is a real follower of Jesus would want to know that it's important because God commands it! I think it's not only important, it's critical in the success of a relationship. Consider the following:

In 2 Corinthians, Paul states, "Do not be yoked with unbelievers." Then he goes on to ask what righteousness has in common with wickedness, or what would believers have in common with unbelievers.

Life has its share of adversity, and no matter how much in love a couple may be, there will inevitably, eventually be some disagreement sometime about something. It's not going to work if you only have one person fighting the battle all the time. Everybody needs to be on the same team.

That's my humble opinion...thanks! :)

Kathy

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jun, 2013 02:42 AM

Gardenia you are absolutelly right!

The title to my message was my answer to the forumn name's question.It's not just important.it is the only way for peace and harmony!A house devided cannot stand.I have had relationships with non Christian women and it doesnt take long to bang up against the wall of self-ishness of the other.Without Christ we are selfish and incapable of true Love.Godless people love only themselves and even thier seemingly kind acts of charity are done to bolster the ego.If you go even deeper though you find they don't really even love themselves.They are more in a state of self medication of superficial acts that provide temporary relief to the earning emptiness they experiene for which they will use you to fullfill.Draining you of Love and never refuling you.Ok I could go on and on but what I meant in general is that I CANNOT have a relationship with a non Christian,no way!:angel::angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Sep, 2013 09:52 AM

Absolutely! However, you can't only blame gals. I've met several "Christian" guys that didn't exhibit the traits of God.

You have to be careful.

Guard your heart and be careful to whom you give it to because even Satan was an angel once. Some people are really good deceivers - unfortunately I was recently fooled by one.

It really is important, though, because you do need to meet someone who has the same values as you do. Otherwise, it could really complicate and burden a relationship.

I know ladies that have married men that don't go to church, and it does put a strain on the relationship because they're always wanting their husbands to go to church and they don't want to nag them, etc.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2013 01:12 AM

I agree with you 100% there is no other option.

God had a plan when He made man and woman for each other, I believe that He intended for families especially husband and wife to be a strong force to be reckoned with. This can only be accomplished if there is unity in the home and this unity must be initiated by a strong personal relationship with God.

Just as God stated about the people building the tower of Babble nothing is impossible to those who are in unity and are determined to see things through. Even greater is this unity when God is the center and reason for it.

edensdestiny1

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Oct, 2013 08:54 AM

I agree with you wholeheartedly! But here is my question: If we are truly following Jesus and accept His ways...wouldn't being on this site violate His intent? Jesus acknowledged the idea that being married probably isn't a good idea. Paul seconded this counsel...so why are we (myself included) even seeking a spouse? This is especially true if we have already been married. Doesn't the bible state that if we are married, we shouldn't seek to be loosed and if not married, we shouldn't seek to be re-married? I am paraphrasing of course, but you get the idea. I have been struggling with this for quite sometime. Does anyone have good, solid, biblical counsel on this?

Thanks,

David

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Oct, 2013 11:17 AM

Well...I think Paul was speaking in the context of the great persecutions that were about to take place. The only places I can find about Jesus right now were when He said that we won't be married in heaven, but we won't be in heaven forever, God will recreate the earth and I think we will be like Adam and Eve again. God's original command was "be fruitful and multiply". So, the biblical foundation is that it was originally God's desire that men and women should be married. If you need more, the bible says that desiring to be deacons and elders is very good, and that in order to oversee God's house, a man must first be shown to display leadership in his own home. I don't know if that's mandated, but I can see the wisdom in it, and it does mean that marriage is still to be encouraged in the absence of heavy persecution. Also, it does matter what you are called to do. Some have the gifts of evangelism, and being tied to a home and having the responsibility of a family would hinder that work. That doesn't mean you can't be married, but it would be more difficult. Paul actually even commanded some women to be married so they wouldn't be busy-bodies. So there is definitely ample scriptural support for marriage still being good. I think the bulk of scripture maintains that marriage "in Christ" is always good, but in some cases marriage is not recommended.

1 Timothy 5

"14 I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully."

1 Timothy 3

1This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity

:peace::peace:

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Nov, 2013 11:13 AM

Hi, MikeRides!

Maybe the key to this is in John 14. In verse 23, Jesus says, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them."

There are so many people in this world who claim the "Christian" moniker, but either do not know how to apply it to their lives (aka, live by Spirit--faith and love), or they've been taught false doctrine by some religion.

Unless people establish and maintain a relationship with Jesus, He will not know them on Judgement Day. He knows our hearts, and the difference between those who love Him and those who are just trying to save their souls by claiiming His Name.

Yes, Christian maturity takes time, and trials that establish the necessary character God wants us to have. That is why He covers us with His Grace at the instant we believe.

Many don't know that all they have to do is ASK God to make them over into a person that is pleasing to Him. That is literally asking God for humility--to be purified by fire (trials)--and to be made low (killing off your own will for the sake of His). That is what changes our hearts from the inside out.

I think the hardest thing for us humans to do is to give up our own will, for we are somewhat 'control freaks' when it comes to how we live our lives. But, that is the effect of this world's 'education' on us.

Mike, you're a guy. In your 'mature' Christianity, would you be able to date a woman the Christian way? Meaning, would you give up the prospect of having sex with the woman you're dating until after your wedding? Or, like most men, would you expect her to 'put out' before the wedding?

I'm just curious. ;-)

Because the latter is how the world dates. Sex is more important to men who are not truly Christian, so they expect it as part of a 'long term relationship' with a woman. Unfortunately, having sex does not guarantee marriage, as many Christian women have found out the hard way.

God bless!

--Cat

Page : 1 2