Author Thread: Unwavering faith
deafie^

View Profile
History
Unwavering faith
Posted : 3 Jun, 2013 10:23 PM

How to remain faith in regards to healing. I am partially deaf and would like God to heal me physically and also with inner healing. What do I do when it doesn't happen. How can I trust God? How do you expect me to be faithful when God does nothing? I don't see God doing anything helpful in regards to my deafness, what can I achieve in this world? It is a bit of a liability as I struggle socially and the pecking order in this world. The only positive side I guess that I have the disability pension and I have enough income to live on. However it doesn't make me feel that good as I would prefer just to be like everyone else without the pension. Finding work is rather difficult and taking a full-time job puts my pension at risk.

Richard

Matthew75

View Profile
History
Unwavering faith
Posted : 5 Jun, 2013 04:58 PM

I've been partially deaf my whole life and really get what you say about it being a social block. My friends often forget that they have to be looking at me when they speak or I can't hear or understand them.

Sometimes God's answer isn't so much what we want but what in the long run is best for us. Jacob in the Old Testament wrestled with an angel that put out his hip (Gen 32). It never healed physically his whole life and I'm sure since Jacob was human, he struggled with it at times but he kept his faith.

We read in the various letter from Paul to the various churches in the New Testament that he had an affliction and had poor eye sight ( remember God struck him blind for a time in Acts ).

Sometime physical healing is not what we need but to accept "Your will be done".

It is difficult to give any advise or suggestions regarding your inner healing as you didn't say much about it. God can use you as you are and sometime inner healing comes from accepting our current situation and focusing on our relationship with Him.

God wants a relationship with us. He doesn't show his power though the use of force or constant miracles. When Jesus was asked to show them a sign, he simply responded, you have Moses and the profits and all God has already done for you, if that is not enough, another sign won't make any difference (paraphrased). God isn't about giving us what we want but doing what is right and what is best for us even if we don't understand what he is doing at the time.

NaomiNaomi

View Profile
History
Unwavering faith
Posted : 27 Dec, 2013 04:07 AM

wow. glad to have read. God Bless you both(all)

STLSTL

View Profile
History
Unwavering faith
Posted : 8 Jan, 2014 11:57 AM

I read your response and thought it was great.

I think sometimes that if a individual struggles with a problem for a while and is able to get past it somehow then later on that that person is able to help someone else who may have the same or similar issue.

What do you think?

If you make it through your struggle to the other side then that puts you in a position to be able to help someone else in the same situation.

We see this with addictions, weight loss, etc.

Lukia

View Profile
History
Unwavering faith
Posted : 10 Jan, 2014 04:15 AM

"Sometime physical healing is not what we need but to accept 'your will be done'."

Thanks brother Mathew for sharing this.Its very encouraging.

Lets all learn to accept the will of God.

God glorifies Himself even in the challenges we encounter in life.

Let His will be done.

In whatever circumstances we may be in,let God's will be done.

Shadrack,Meshack and Abednego new this.They new that God can either save them from the fiery furnace or not.

Daniel 3:16-18.

Mathew26:39,42;Jesus prayed that God's will be done.

Let God's will be done that His name may be glorified.

Wait upon the Lord brother,only He has the power to heal you.

juneapa

View Profile
History
Unwavering faith
Posted : 22 Jan, 2014 06:55 PM

I am bless with all the posts. God never said life will be without problem, situations, condition or circumstances but He did said I will be with you whenever you are in such. He is always ready to help us when we need help.

Therefore it is better not to focus on the status you are but instead focus on the Lord and think positive. Then you will be happy and joyful.