Author Thread: Christian Morals and "Church Sanctions" what gives??
Nubiansmile

View Profile
History
Christian Morals and "Church Sanctions" what gives??
Posted : 5 Jul, 2013 09:02 AM

I'm my country, When a Christian girl/woman has premarital sex and gets pregnant, she is sanctioned by church where she is made to stand in front the congregation either on a Sunday service or mid week service. Her "SINS" are listed out like "...our dear sister had sex before marriage and has a child or is expecting a child, she admits sinning and has asked that the church deals with with her accordingly (according to what the Bible says). S/he has humbly submitted herself to the church's disciplinary committee and is willing to be assisted to get back to her feet while she is suspended from all church's lead roles etc"

Now, I'm pretty sure if you have been in the faith for long you can attest to some scenario of such. What gives??

My beef is "why the heck does the man/woman who beats his/her spouse, the adulterer, the man/woman who embezzled money at workplace, the rapist, the pathological LIAR, ETC sinner gets to go away without public reproach? No sanctioning? No suspension? no reading out sin for all to hear???"

Yet for an innocent baby, such shameful reproach is meted out in advance.

I say there's something wrong with some of our leadership. What happened to "Ye who is without sin cast the 1st stone??"

Seriously, CHRIST-ian, is this how our friend and savior would have handled it?