Author Thread: Do you ever feel down? What do you do about it?
Nubiansmile

View Profile
History
Do you ever feel down? What do you do about it?
Posted : 17 Jul, 2013 04:50 AM

"A parishioner asked his pastor, 'Do you ever feel down?' 'Sure,' he responded. 'What do you do about it?' the parishioner said. 'I get up again. Being down isn't my problem - staying down is. I'm either up, or I'm getting up. I've learned not to park in between.'"

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2013 05:12 PM

Good advice...there are always valleys between the mountain tops. Depending on what's bringing me down...I turn to reading the Bible...some Psalms or Proverbs...if I'm having a pity party because all kinds of bad things are happening, I read Job....kind of puts things back in perspective.

I also keep my routine for reading from the Bible every morning and praying for others.

Pamkin

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jul, 2013 05:23 AM

Its natural to feel down,every time i feel down i enter in my room and then play a worship song then feel better

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jul, 2013 08:16 PM

I get on my scooter hit the back roads and pray for a uplifting spirit to consume me.

Mercymay

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Sep, 2013 04:15 AM

singing along to praise and worship always lifts me up whenever I feel down...also,i love playing worship songs i can sing along while driving, it makes the time more worthwhile and never minding the traffic...

Lukia

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Sep, 2013 03:02 AM

Every time I feel down,which is normal,I go into my room and pray for peace.Then from there i listen to gospel music,read inspirational book or the bible.

But what really brings me up is prayer.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Sep, 2013 05:49 AM

When I'm feeling down I go for walk and talk to GOD...I tell Him whats going on with me...not that He doesn't know already...I just enjoy talking with Him...I listen to praise and worship music...I go visit people...and of course...Pray....XO

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Oct, 2013 05:22 PM

Eighteen months ago I was in a very bad car accident. I was thrown out of my car and I landed on my head and shoulder. My seat belt had broken. I was in the hospital for five days. I had four broken ribs, a broken arm more bruises than I could count and had to have 20 stitches in the left side of my face.

While in the hospital my landlady called me and told me she would not renew my lease. My girl friend also came to see me and finished breaking up with me on the third day I was in the hospital. I had to take care of myself for a month and pack and move my things into a storage unit. I had to ask a friend if I could stay at her place until I could get another job and find a place to live. She was kind enough to do so.

Needless to say I was a little depressed. BUT!! I did not focus on my present situation. I focused on healing. Then I focused on finding a job once I was able to hold my head up for ten hours straight. (This took two months) Then I got a job and finally a place to live and I moved and then I focused on getting a better job and now I have have better job too! And of course, through all of this I prayed and meditated on God.

I have come to believe very strongly that you really are what you think. As long as you think about your problems you will always have problems. If you think your problems are defeating you then you will be defeated. If you see your problems as challenges and you conquer them then you will be a conqueror.

If you change your thinking you can change your life. Be anxious for nothing. Be grateful for everything. It's ok to fall into depression and anxiety but it's not ok to stay there. I like the quote in your question. It makes a very good point.

MrSincere

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2013 03:09 PM

Because I live in Australia it is easy to become insular! Here we live extremely well and because we are spoiled by this standard of living we forget about the people in other countries who are struggling to survive. I have just returned from the Philippines and have seen how those beautiful people fight to survive, some on just the equivalent of $A1.00 per day. So now, if I feel a little down I just remember and remind myself of just how the Lord has blessed me by allowing me to live without fear or poverty in this great country! Amen!:peace:

laurie1969

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Nov, 2013 07:56 PM

When I feel down, I start counting the blessing God has given me. I will go find someone to help or do something nice for someone.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Nov, 2013 04:10 PM

I agree that there are always bumps and potholes in life and we are made stronger by our life experiences. Every mountain top has a valley and sometimes the valleys can take its toll on a person. I have found that God has planted special people in my path and to sometimes walk with me through the valley. I have known the Lord many years and there were times that I lost my way, but Jesus always kept watch over me and kept me in his care and eventually I found my way back to him. That is what gives me the passion to keep going and to be a help to the ones that God brings into my life. I try to give to the hurting what was given to me when I was hurting, lost and alone and going through painful times in my life. I also have found that reading the Psalms and Proverbs seems to really help me when I am down and helps me to stay focused on God's unconditional love and forgiveness and his neverending mercy and grace. I find it amazing that this is my first experience with chat rooms and online sites and this is my first post/reply and I can completely relate to this topic. God Bless You

Page : 1 2