Author Thread: The Importance of the Holy Spirit
Admin

The Importance of the Holy Spirit
Posted : 26 Jul, 2013 06:56 PM

Hey there, everyone. Blessings! I was visiting a profile here on the site and remembered this study I made between 2011-2012 on the importance of the Holy Spirit. To post here, I edited it, just cut some paragraphs. But the essence of the message is the same. I hope it becomes a blessing to all of us and a tool to bring us closer to the One true GOD and LORD.

John 16:5-11 (See verses 8-11) It is the Spirit of God, the Holy Ghost, who convicts the sinner of guilt in regard of sin and judgement and righteousness.

Also, it was by the Holy Spirit that the Lord Jesus Christ gave Himself to die for us and rise again. So, if it was not the Holy Ghost, there would be no salvation for any of us, Christians and sinners as well.

THE IMPORTANCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN CHRISTIAN LIFE

If it was not by the Holy Spirit we would never be able to know the truth, which is Jesus Christ (John 14:6).

John 16:13

The Holy Spirit is the One who reveals the Lord to us. We cannot know Jesus except through His Spirit (16:14).

John 16:14

It is He, the Holy Spirit of God who glorifies the Lord Jesus. We cannot give Jesus the glory if not by the Spirit.

John 16:14, 15

It is the Holy Ghost that makes us hear what God is saying; He makes us able to hear His voice.

The Importance of the Holy Spirit in Living a Godly Life

The Spirit of God is not only important because He reveals and glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ and enables us to hear His voice, but also because He is the One who enables us to live our lives according to God�s holiness. Without the Holy Spirit we would never be able to fight against sin and resist to temptations.

It is written in Galatians, chapter 5, verse 16: �Walk in t he Spirit, and you shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh� (New King James Version, NKJV). It is the Holy Ghost who keeps us from sinning. The same verse in the New International Version (NIV) says: �Live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.� See, it is when we live

by the Holy Spirit that we truly are holy as He is Holy; He, the Spirit of the Lord, does not allow us to sin when we live by Him.

Apostle Paul was saying, �Live by the Holy Spirit, and it is determined that you will not be able to fulfil the desires of your sinful nature.� Therefore, we are not able to live a godly life if not by the Holy Spirit. It is He who enables us to live in obedience to God.

��but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.� � 2 Peter 3:18

Apostle Peter said to us to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour, but how could we make it? By the Holy Spirit of God (see John 16:13).

It is the Holy Spirit who guides us into all truth. He is the only One who can reveal to us the truth; He alone can teach the secrets hidden in God�s Word.

�Go into the entire world and preach the gospel to every creature.� � Mark 16:15

Lord Jesus commanded us to �go into the entire world and preach the gospel.� But what has it to do with the Holy Spirit of the Lord? It has everything to do with Him. Let us see Acts 1:8:

�But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.�

The Lord wasn�t referring to receiving the Holy Spirit but to being empowered by Him to bear witness of the Christ. Through the baptism with the Holy Spirit we are enabled for ministry (not work in the congregation).

Also, do you remember that it is the Holy Spirit who convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgement? So, if it�s He the One who convicts, could we do anything fulfil the Great Commission without Him? Absolutely not! (John 16:14)

�The Holy Spirit of the Lord, who searches the depths of the Lord God and knows His purposes, will testify to our spirit what the sovereign, perfect, and pleasant will of God is.�

*This message was developed by Ali Bechel.

Mike_1986

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Aug, 2013 10:50 AM

Thank you for this message, it has blessed me

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2013 06:43 AM

Amen Mike. Glory to God! :applause: :bouncy: :yay:

May you find in the Holy Spirit the friend I have found. The One who keeps attracting me to the Lord and is always there for me.

I wish you the richest blessing from the Lord. Hugs, my brother.

Lukia

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Aug, 2013 01:40 AM

This a good post.

The Holy Spirit,our helper.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Oct, 2013 01:54 PM

In Jesus name Amen!

I really liked this post and it is so vital to have the proper tools to accomplish the work God has given us.

Yes that Holy Spirit is needed to overcome this world as Jesus overcame it. :yay:

Here I would just like add some scriptures I found helpful to me on my journey.

1 John 5:4-7 (KJV)

"For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith."

*It is why it is so important to be born again of both water and Spirit. :applause:

1 John 3:9 (KJV)

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

John 3:1-8 (KJV)

"Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

*Jesus also tells his disciples (and us) how to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. :yay:

Acts 1:1-5, 8-9 (KJV)

"For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence."

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

Acts 2:1-4 (KJV)

1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 2:38-39 (KJV)

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

:applause::yay::applause:

*Here are just some scriptures that speak of the importance of being baptized of both water & Spirit (born again) :purpleangel:

Matthew 28:19-20 (KJV)

Mark 16:15-18 (KJV)

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

Luke 24:45-49 (KJV)

"And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."

Acts 10:37-48 (KJV)

"Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?"

Acts 19:1-6 (KJV)

"He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost."

"When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus."

Take Care and God Bless! :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Oct, 2013 10:37 AM

Amen!! that's right!! all the Scriptures you posted are such blessings to our lives. Praise be to GOD for the Holy Scripture!

I also have a sermon on sinning, so those verses you posted were quite familiar, but it is always an honour to read them again. God's Word is so alive that it speaks to us every time we read it.

Take care and be blessed, in Jesus' name!