Author Thread: Can a Christian woman wear a sexy dress?
Guardian143

View Profile
History
Can a Christian woman wear a sexy dress?
Posted : 1 Aug, 2013 05:06 PM

I know women nowadays are liberated and feel they can wear what they want. But let's say, you're going to meet Jesus, should you wear something that is inappropriate?

We men are bombarded by so much sexual images all around 24/7. I really wish that church will be a safe place but even there we see cleavage left and right. Am I being a prude or is it biblical to advocate for modesty?

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Aug, 2013 08:27 PM

Can or should? Yes, she CAN, but she shouldn't. But people have different views on what is sexy and what is modest.

Men should consider what they wear also...

We all need to keep in mind we are always on duty when it comes to our Christian walk. We should try to not be a stumbling block to others.

We should also remember that some Christians are babies in Christ and may not understand the changes that should occur.

Lukia

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Aug, 2013 04:32 AM

I believe a christian woman should dress modestly always coz just as teach ib puts it we are always on duty.

And i believe our MASTER is always looking at us.

This should be done too when a girl is growing up-let her understand what is modesty and she will grow with it.

Guardian143

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Aug, 2013 05:35 PM

Thank you ladies for your conscious reply. You restored my faith in Christian women.

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Aug, 2013 09:32 PM

Sexy really is subjective. Ive seen women wearing a nice dress with a hemline below the knee that I thought was very attractive. Ive also seen women wearing those "little black dresses" and I thought they looked cheap and disgusting...not the dresses, the women.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Aug, 2013 06:26 PM

You are not being a prude. The bible tells us to dress modestly. I believe it is disrespectful to good Christian men to dress immodestly. I believe that is part of chastity.

We ladies are not suppose to be a stumbling block. We ladies should pray and ask God what he would have us to wear. No the bible don't say exactly what modesty is. But it does give clues. It says to do all things in moderation. And not to be a stumbling block to anyone. moderation usually means not overly in either direction. For instance we don't have to never wear make up. But we don't have to over due it either. We don't have to wear a turtle neck, but we don't need to show cleavage either. We don't have to wear our skirt down to our feet and trip over them, or so high you can see it all either, Knees is pretty much in the middle. But we must also remember some of those ladies may be new babes in Christ that don't know any better yet. So they may just need prayer. The Bible says the elder should teach the younger. So pray for them to get an elder wise Christian lady that can lovingly teach them to dress in a Godly manor.

Dcz54

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Aug, 2013 05:24 AM

I say no, the bible says woman should dress modest, and that would not be included in what is modest

Meghan91

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Aug, 2013 08:27 AM

I understand what you're saying. One of the reasons why we rejected a church when looking for a church home was because the female pastor, her daughter, and a majority of the praise and worship team were dressed inappropriately. I could understand the congregants dressing less than modestly, but I couldn't get past the leaders of the church not holding themselves up to some sort of standard as described in the bible.

I think a woman CAN dress however she wants, but if she is truly representing Jesus Christ she SHOULD dress in a way that does not cause he brother Christian to fall into sin.

That said, I do understand why women feel they need to dress this way. I see eligible men pass modestly dressed and humble looking women by to have a chance with a girl with tight jeans and a ton of cleavage. It can be discouraging.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Aug, 2013 10:46 AM

A sexy dress? You mean one that draws attention to the body? Well if you want a guy to notice you for your body then that's a good a way as any. Seems you would be selling yourself way short though for someone bought by precious blood...

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2013 01:01 PM

In the first post the "fact that women are liberated" was mentioned. In my life i have gone from feeling liberated meant that i could do what i wanted to realizing that doing what i wanted to at that time was actually bondage to a system that would slowly strangle the life out of me.

To me, being liberated is having freedom of mind to chose those things that are good and Godly (one in the same) for me.

Still being freed! Thank You Jesus!

God bless,

gary

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Nov, 2013 01:39 PM

I agree with atheophilus there is so much more freedom in choosing to follow the guidelines of the Word of God than there is in trying to fit into the mold the World says is normal.

Page : 1 2