Author Thread: Did Scientists Create Life?
Jeje85

View Profile
History
Did Scientists Create Life?
Posted : 28 Aug, 2013 01:07 PM

Animations Demonstrate Incredible Complexity of Cells:

http://www.nytimes.com/video/2010/11/15/science/1248069334032/the-animators-of-life.html

�Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:� Hebrews 1:3

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Aug, 2013 07:22 PM

Nope, only God could create something from nothing!

Romans 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that ate made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither we're thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they become fools.

23 And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

gamerman293

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jun, 2014 05:50 PM

The closest they have ever gotten is a few proteins, and you need hundreds to form even one cell. They also created tar and other dangerous chemicals to life that the proteins would bound to first.

What would I say if a bunch of super smart people got together and created life?

I've been saying that for YEARS! Intelligent design....HELLO PEOPLE!!

Mr_Bink

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Sep, 2014 12:12 AM

God created science. There is an author or source to all things. If you follow the evidence, it will eventually lead you to a belief in a Creator.

On a personal note, I think science was created so that our quest for a creator had to start somewhere and I believe it was God who knew how curious we can be. So he opened the heavens up and allowed us to pursue him to come to the conclusion how very special we are in the universe(s)/Heavens.

One theory just this past year 2014 how the known universe expanded in the blink of an eye. Now that goes hand and hand with creation book of Genesis.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2008/apr/26/universe.particlephysics

AriFi

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2014 08:09 AM

"only God could create something from nothing!"

That's quite true but to "create" a living cell out of non-living parts would not count as creation out of nothing.

So far, however, I don't think biotechnology succeeded in that.

ardenz

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2014 01:56 AM

I agree with you AriFi,

God is the only creator. So whatever amazing things created by science that rooted from a genius mind are still came from the only creator..

AriFi

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Oct, 2014 11:24 AM

That's exactly right! We humans are "created in his image" after all, so we are also creative but only in a derived, weaker sense.

AriFi

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Oct, 2014 11:29 AM

That's exactly right! We humans are "created in his image" after all, so we are also creative but only in a derived, weaker sense.

flyby

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Oct, 2014 07:44 PM

This reminds me of the joke where Satan was trying to convince God he could create man and God said go ahead and try, so Satan bent down to gather some dirt, then said God, get your own dirt. ;~)

Sry plagiarized n cannibalized

AriFi

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Oct, 2014 05:50 PM

:glow: