Author Thread: anybody excited about ps4 or xboxone ?
Admin

anybody excited about ps4 or xboxone ?
Posted : 2 Sep, 2013 08:46 AM

they look pretty cool !

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Sep, 2013 10:08 AM

Most just the companies who produce them and the stores that sell the games...I'm not against them...Or companies making profits.

I contribute. Uch to their profits because of my young nephews who always want a new or used game or anew system that requires new games, cables, controllers, headsets, etc.

At least now I know what they'll be begging me for for Christmas!

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Nov, 2013 12:50 AM

The last console I had was a NES :laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Nov, 2013 12:16 PM

I might buy a PS3 if the price drops when the PS4 is released.

somedude1

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2014 04:06 PM

I'm rather concerned with the state of these next-gen consoles.

1) PS4 is your better option, but it still doesn't allow "Other OS" (GNU/Linux) support as PS3 did until they took it away from it as well. We do know it's BSD based which is better than nothing.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/159476-ps4-runs-orbis-os-a-modified-version-of-freebsd-thats-similar-to-linux

The other downside is the PS4 also supports downloadable content which all the new games are going to. Meaning you pay for the game and then keep playing for addon items/features.

2) Xbox One is notorious for tracking and spying.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-attempts-to-calm-xbox-one-privacy-worries/1100-6408951/

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-Kinect-Involved-GCHQ-Spy-Protocol-Lots-Sexually-Explicit-Images-Recovered-62527.html

So while I haven't personally owned either of them, I vote for PS4.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Oct, 2014 01:12 PM

I had an Xbox 360 about 6 years ago but PC is the way to go now for gaming. Easier to upgrade and a decent rig is already more powerful than a PS4.

Plus you have steam and the latest hardware drivers make gaming just like on a console if you want it that way. Best bit of all is the mods you can add to your games and you can make your own, i've done a couple for Skyrim because there were a few silly things that really annoyed me.

Games are initially made on PC's and then ported to console so they will always run better in their original format. The only area PC's lack in is driving games as the best ones are licensed for Xbox and PS4 only.

The best strategy games like the Total War series are PC only so for me it's a no brainer.

I don't actually know anyone that has a new Xbox or PS4 or who is thinking of getting one. All my gaming friends have all switched to PC's over the past couple of years due to the PS3 and Xbox 360's woeful limitations. They were close to the limit in 2008/09, by 2010 past it.