Author Thread: Sunday Night Football!
Cat4Christ777

View Profile
History
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 17 Nov, 2013 10:34 PM

Hey, sports fans!

Are any of you interested in this football season, like I am?

I just saw my Denver Broncos beat the once-undefeated Kansas City Chiefs in a great game of similarly matched teams.

Very exciting, but we pulled it off with a 27-17 victory at home (Denver). We'll have to see if that will happen again when we meet them on their turf in two weeks.

The most amazing thing about this particular game, for me, was how Peyton Manning's offensive line protected him from sacks. Manning didn't hit the ground even ONCE tonight! The Broncos are gelling perfectly, and turning into a real winning team this year.

I am hoping they can maintain that 'tightness' for the rest of the season--perhaps we can make it to the Super Bowl!

Take care,

--Cat

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 10 Dec, 2013 08:52 AM

I live between Redskin and Raven territory. My brother-in-law is a Raven fan...my sister was a Redskins fan. My family is quite diverse in it's football choices making every game a rivalry!

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
History
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 10 Dec, 2013 06:27 PM

NRSV,

Of course not! As long as your wins out-number your losses, you're still in the running. The Ravens are 7-6, in the same boat as some really great teams: Dolphins, Cowboys, Lions, and Bears.

That's nothing to sneeze at! Only 3 more games to go. If they keep winning, they've got a real shot at the playoffs.

It ain't over 'til it's over. LOL! ;-)

Take care,

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
History
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 10 Dec, 2013 06:36 PM

I'm semi-active, Teach.

Mostly waiting for a message from a real boy. LOL! That was a reference to the movie, "Lars and The Real Girl," starring Ryan Gosling (the guy from "The Notebook") as a nerd. The tag line for Lars says, "A delusional young guy strikes up an unconventional relationship with a doll he finds on the Internet."

If you haven't seen it, rent it. Lars is hilarious. And cute.

Yeah, the Titans had me worried for a bit at the beginning of the game, but my Broncos made up for it quickly. The Titans tried, but the final score says everything: 51-28.

Did you see the Broncos kicker Matt Prater break the NFL record for his 64-yard field goal? That was AWESOME!

Take care, Teach!

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
History
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 12 Dec, 2013 10:15 PM

Well, there you have it.

I just saw the Denver Broncos pull their fizzle out, sabotaging their chances at the playoffs with rookie-style mistakes that handed this game win over to the San Diego Chargers tonight, 27 - 20.

The Broncos do this every year, and I'm getting sick of seeing it. They seem to totally lose their momentum and forget all their great wins of the season.

I am SO disappointed in them. There is no excuse for this loss--they beat the Chargers at the beginning of the season.

Yep, I am a tough fan to please. LOL! I'm used to the 49'ers of the 1980s.

Oh well. Maybe next year? Sigh.

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 15 Dec, 2013 08:02 PM

Hi Cat, surprising that Denver lost on Thurs...and I'm thrilled the Dolphins were able to pull out the win over the Patriots. Of course, my brother, mother, and a bunch of co-workers weren't so happy.

The season isn't over yet!

Although we haven't touched on college football, I just have to give a shout out for my alma mater...University of Central Florida...going to the Fiesta Bowl!

And I'm cheering for Florida State for the national title...my niece and her family are pumped...my other niece and her family were disappointed when Alabama lost to Auburn...

Strange season all around!

Page : 1 2