Author Thread: where can we meet?
hesformeareyou

View Profile
History
where can we meet?
Posted : 7 May, 2009 12:03 PM

where can I meet single Christian men who are my age? (over 40) Everyone at church is married. I don't hang out at bars. My job has no single christian men. Everyone on these dating sites lives too far away from me. It's really hard.

zxcvb

View Profile
History
where can we meet?
Posted : 13 May, 2009 09:54 PM

Trust our Lord... think more about Him, and He will take care of you and all your needs... i know you heard it many times already... He is the god of miracles, He knows exactly when and what to dofor you!

blessings

View Profile
History
where can we meet?
Posted : 30 May, 2009 04:41 PM

I am a little late on this post, but I just happened across it, and wanted to encourage you.

Have you tried different churches? Some of them have groups for divorced or older singles. It might be something to look into.

I have a similar situation, only I am over 50. Its even more difficult as it seems men are looking for relationships with younger ladies.

I agree with the last post. Keep trusting Christ, he knows your future relationships.

Carol

View Profile
History
where can we meet?
Posted : 3 Jun, 2009 03:35 AM

Where do women meet Christian men? I've wondered the same thing and I'm not even over 40 yet and I have the same problem. Most men in my church are too old, too young, married, involved or not interested in me.

This website and websites like it are a good place to start. I agree that some interesting (and even interested) men live far away but I think I'll meet someone if I stay here long enough, or may on another site. I think going to services and social events at other churches is a good idea but haven't tried it yet.

Faith and patience. My aunt divorced and it was 6 years before she remarried. The wait can be long. But it was worth it, she's happily married almost 2 years now. She married the widowed pastor of her church.

View Profile
History
where can we meet?
Posted : 5 Jun, 2009 02:32 AM

And again I say wait on the Lord! God knows where YOU are and while its been said, " God isn't going to have someone ring your doorbell" I've never seen it in scripture. God can do anything...your guy could very well ring the doorbell but whether he does or not - why not busy yourself with the things of the Lord and TRUST HIM to work out the details...in the meantime - I know you'll be blessed if you check out the recent series started in this chat forum under the heading dating advice posts. It was started just yesterday and will continue until God says otherwise. Check it out - it answers your question and then some!

Seuss

View Profile
History
where can we meet?
Posted : 13 Jun, 2009 09:42 PM

Hello;

I can relate. Most of all the churches have minitries for people that are married, but what about us singles? I's good that we have the internet to talk to people. Just be careful whoever you talk to. Sometimes, they are not what they present themselves to be.

WHISPERRED110AC

View Profile
History
where can we meet?
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 07:09 PM

Hey Seuss,

If there is programs for divorced, older, or other situations/prople in the church and not for signles; consider starting one in the church yourself. Take the initiative. Not meant to be critical just a suggestion. David

View Profile
History
where can we meet?
Posted : 5 Aug, 2009 01:36 PM

hi

That is a problem everyone here has I know I do. The ones at work at my job the women there are in need of Jesus than they are of need of me . my question is how do you break the ice

View Profile
History
where can we meet?
Posted : 13 Apr, 2011 12:23 AM

Never you say, everyone on this site is of a distance to me. Who can tell? Who can bring nearer to you your God - given man. Man propose but God dispose. If someone is of a distance, you can give him a trial. For with God nothing shall be impossible.

I trusted they Lord that he shall do even as he has told me.

View Profile
History
where can we meet?
Posted : 16 Jul, 2011 11:08 AM

Hello everyone..I am over 50 and attend a small church with not many singles..My hope is that when it is Gods timing it will happen..I just know from the past it will be worth the wait..I love Beth Moore and hold on to one of her quotes..I am freed to know my God is huge,and my God is able.So I know if I don't get what I asked from him ,if I'll cooperate,I'll get something bigger.I'll know that a greater "yes" is in progress... I know most of us did not plan on being where we are now in our lives...I do know I do not want to do things in my timing and in my own hands,,It is hard,,there has been a few on the site i would be interested in,,but distance is an issue...But again if it is Gods will it will happen.....:waving:

View Profile
History
where can we meet?
Posted : 28 Sep, 2012 09:56 AM

I think a good place to meet is at a park with a beautiful lake.....

Page : 1 2