Author Thread: Do animals go to Heaven?
Admin

Do animals go to Heaven?
Posted : 3 Jun, 2014 12:02 PM

Some Christians say that animals don't go to Heaven, but I believe animals go to Heaven too.

Do they go to Heaven? I hope they do because I want to see my pets again in Heaven when I die too.

gamerman293

View Profile
History
Do animals go to Heaven?
Posted : 19 Jun, 2014 05:58 PM

There is no real evidence in the Bible to back this up that I am currently aware of.

Interesting fact.

When a human dies, they lose weight. I believe around 21 grams which is not a liquid leaving the body either. They have no idea why we lose this weight or what is even being lost.

This for some reason does not happen with any other animals they have done this test on.

View Profile
History
Do animals go to Heaven?
Posted : 30 Jun, 2014 01:27 PM

Yes!!!! And dont listen to those that say otherwise. Proverbs �A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal� (Proverbs 12:10).

God addressed it because it is part of his heart Since we are created in his image we can know that the love for a pet that needs our care comes from Gods nature.

Thinking the other way imho is extremely dogmatic. Sorta like minoring in the majors. It doesnt hurt anything to believe that our beloved pets are in heaven or will be in the millineum.

Gods grace to you!:purpleangel:

View Profile
History
Do animals go to Heaven?
Posted : 1 Jul, 2014 09:56 AM

Since the bible does not mention this a anywhere I doubt anyone can ever say for certain with any real proof behind his statement.

My feeling is anything with the "breath of life" breathed into it at creation by God most likely automatically has a soul. If nothing else the ability to sulk alone should be proof of soul so all the pet's I have ever had are probably safe :laugh:

gamerman293

View Profile
History
Do animals go to Heaven?
Posted : 1 Jul, 2014 05:51 PM

That scripture doesn't mean animals go to heaven.

If you read the next verse it talks about taking care of the land.

At a cursory glance I would say at best this means "If you take care of your animals they will bless you" which is what the verse after Proverbs 12:10 is talking about.

View Profile
History
Do animals go to Heaven?
Posted : 1 Jul, 2014 10:35 PM

Good point rambo!

Gamerman it doesnt mean they dont either!!!

Hmmmm what about the horses and the wolves and lambs eating together!!! Ha!

View Profile
History
Do animals go to Heaven?
Posted : 1 Jul, 2014 11:16 PM

Isaiah 11:6-9 - The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Revelation 19:11 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Isaiah 65:25 - The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust [shall be] the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

The story of Balaam and His Donkey... Animals see angels.

Numbers 22:21-32

21 So the next morning Balaam got up, saddled his donkey, and started off with the Moabite officials. 22 But God was angry that Balaam was going, so he sent the angel of the Lord to stand in the road to block his way. As Balaam and two servants were riding along, 23 Balaam�s donkey saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with a drawn sword in his hand. The donkey bolted off the road into a field, but Balaam beat it and turned it back onto the road. 24 Then the angel of the Lord stood at a place where the road narrowed between two vineyard walls. 25 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, it tried to squeeze by and crushed Balaam�s foot against the wall. So Balaam beat the donkey again. 26 Then the angel of the Lord moved farther down the road and stood in a place too narrow for the donkey to get by at all. 27 This time when the donkey saw the angel, it lay down under Balaam. In a fit of rage Balaam beat the animal again with his staff.

28 Then the Lord gave the donkey the ability to speak. �What have I done to you that deserves your beating me three times?� it asked Balaam.

29 �You have made me look like a fool!� Balaam shouted. �If I had a sword with me, I would kill you!�

30 �But I am the same donkey you have ridden all your life,� the donkey answered. �Have I ever done anything like this before?�

�No,� Balaam admitted.

31 Then the Lord opened Balaam�s eyes, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the roadway with a drawn sword in his hand. Balaam bowed his head and fell face down on the ground before him.

32 �Why did you beat your donkey those three times?� the angel of the Lord demanded. �Look, I have come to block your way because you are stubbornly resisting me.

Faith is the evidence of things hoped for, the substance of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1)

1mountain

View Profile
History
Do animals go to Heaven?
Posted : 11 Aug, 2015 10:51 PM

@ sweethumblepie

That is a very bad translation of the scriptures. It reads the lion (Jesus) shall lie down with the lamb (Jesus) which is simply Jesus and the 'marriage' of the two in the Lamb of God. It has nothing to do with any sort of future paradise or animals for that matter.

As for heaven and animals there is no scriptural proof at all they go to heaven, but for that matter there is no scriptural proof humans do. The only way it is scripturally possible for heaven to exist is for total preterism to be true.

CarlAHartwell

View Profile
History
Do animals go to Heaven?
Posted : 17 Oct, 2015 03:22 PM

@1mountain

I am trying not to get drawn into either side of the discussion, as I agree with many others on this thread, we cannot know for sure yet.

However, though one interpretation of that scripture is metaphorically about Jesus, one should always first read any scripture literally and meditate on whether there can be any meaningful interpretation in this sense.

In any case, I certainly have before heard interpretations of these passages to be a return to the original state of paradise, as well as a metaphor for the marriage supper.

View Profile
History
Do animals go to Heaven?
Posted : 18 Feb, 2016 06:43 PM

Frankly, it's a moot point! It matters not what we think or decide, as it has no bearing on what "is", as God has the final say on the subject. Obviously, He has His reasons for remaining mute on the subject. And that is fine with me. Because I confidently know that whatever He has planned for me far outsurpasses any desires I may have, far exceeds my wildest dreams or expectations.

Yes, I would love to see my beloved cats again! But the reality is, I don't know that I will or not. Personally, I refuse to let it consume me. Instead, I prefer to rest in the confidence of God's perfect plan. And that gives me peace!

View Profile
History
Do animals go to Heaven?
Posted : 25 Dec, 2016 08:25 AM

Even if they do live on after death, animals don't belong to any religion/faith so I don't think they will end up in the same place as their masters.

Just my humble opinion.

Page : 1 2