Author Thread: I have an idea...
Admin

I have an idea...
Posted : 25 Jun, 2014 08:14 PM

I think, this dating website is a brilliant idea. I have been thinking about how to lure more people to this site.

I have tought about putting an ad in the local newspaper paying $20 to any Christian single woman just to sign up. Of course, there's no way I can verify that they are a Christian. But I would ask some questions about their faith. And I would test their knowledge of the Bible--no difficult or trick questions, just the basics. If they pass, I would offer to take photos of them and help them write an attractive profile. I've been told that I am a good photographer and a great writer. What's in it for me? Well, I am an introvert. I never talk to women, never. And I would get to interview a bunch of women this way. I need to find a way to meet women, because otherwise I will never get married. Of course, at this point, I feel like the opposite of Tom Sawyer. You know, he got paid for allowing his friends to paint the fence that he had to paint. And here I am offering a valuable service, helping others, and I am paying for it. That's kind of backwards, I know. If you have a better idea, I would love to hear that!! :)

Also, I have another idea. I have talked to some women who complained that they are getting too many messages. And some men complain that they get none. So, here is the idea: Women would have the ability to set a price on their profiles. For example, they could ask $100 for talking to a guy. Here is the catch: If a guy pays $100 to talk with a girl, then she is obligated to answer the questions and try to be nice to him. For this to work, all women who want to get paid would have to be verified by sending a copy of their official photo ID or passport picture to ChristianDatingForFree.com headquaters to make sure that a fake person doesn't collect a bunch of money by creating a fake profile. The verification process would take a few days and cost some money, but then it would allow them to earn money online. Women who are very attractive would be able to collect lots of money. This, in turn, would get worldwide attention, and pretty women would flock to this site in order to make free money. And guess what! Where there are pretty women, there are men too. So, this one little tweak could boost the popularity of this dating site tremendously. Most dating sites charge people for communicating. This one would pay its members! Of course, men would be able to set a price on their profile as well just like women. But most often, it is the women who are flooded by emails, not men. So, we would be paying them.

What do you think about this idea? or do you have better ideas?

I posted this same question in the "Ask a Girl" section, but they are slow to comment. :P :)

View Profile
History
I have an idea...
Posted : 26 Jun, 2014 12:55 PM

I think as soon as you add money (and human nature) into the mix of some very lonely or desperate people, you're going to end up in a world of hurt with exploitation and cons daily - there's a reason the intro pages on this site warn against sending money to people!

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
History
I have an idea...
Posted : 26 Jun, 2014 04:56 PM

have a seat and think long and hard about your idea again.

View Profile
History
I have an idea...
Posted : 26 Jun, 2014 05:25 PM

Yeah, but some dating sites like eharmony cost a lot of money. And you have to pay them every month even if you don't find anyone! So, there is money involved there. And they take money from both men AND women, and spend it on radio advertisements.

The quality and success of a dating site depends largely on the number of members and quality of those members.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
History
I have an idea...
Posted : 26 Jun, 2014 08:45 PM

"The quality and success of a dating site depends largely on the number of members and quality of those members."

numbers mean nothing. Take a look at the success rate on POF for example. Dating sites are just unsuccessful in general.

View Profile
History
I have an idea...
Posted : 28 Jun, 2014 09:10 PM

I agree that numbers are not everything, but it is very important for a dating site to have many members in order for it to function as it was intended. The more, the better, you know.

prayreadwalk

View Profile
History
I have an idea...
Posted : 29 Jun, 2014 10:38 PM

There are all kinds of features a site could add, if its in their business model. This site has 'free' right in its name. So adding various types of pay features wouldn't look good.

I've seen sites where guys have to pay to see messages from girls, it was mostly all scammers.

If a site owner wanted to trade ad free accounts for you doing local advertising that would be cool, but that also means more work for the site owner to do. The more I learn about what it takes to run a serious, data heavy site, the more I respect and understand why admins don't want to hear about the cool ideas I have for improvements. It is a boat load of work keeping a place like this running.

xJustJennyx

View Profile
History
I have an idea...
Posted : 21 Jul, 2014 09:45 PM

I personally would feel like a prostitute if I took money from a guy just so they could talk to me. I answer every person that has taken the time to message (not wink at)me, providing that there is nothing inappropriate in the email (in which case I report it and block them).

If someone is only responding and 'trying to be nice' because they are being paid, do you really want to pursue them in the first place?

View Profile
History
I have an idea...
Posted : 30 Jul, 2014 05:58 AM

You can't buy sincerity. :rolleyes:

Keonikane

View Profile
History
I have an idea...
Posted : 4 Apr, 2015 02:48 AM

I know that this is an old posting, but let God be God.

You can't serve God and mammon, so scratch these ideas. Lets put God back in this site.

Your idea sound like the instance of an incident where some girls were having sex with guys to get them to promise to go to church.